Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

2012 summer mods list?

Old 04-03-2012, 09:24 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Default 2012 summer mods list?

What's up fella's?

It's been awhile since I posted over here. Just busy working my tail off and getting ready for summer.

I miss my 2008 Mustang GT/Vortech supercharged VERY much, but the AWD 5.7 Hemi was AMAZING during this past winter (130+ inches of snow!)

Just checking in to see what the forum guys are up to this summer. I remember speaking with some of you getting your supercharger kits tuned, getting more mods, cams etc. Just curious of how everyones been doing

Me?

Getting ready for a 3200 high stall torque converter, cold air intake and dual 3inch cut outs. NO tuners as of yet, and a wiring harness/PCM swap is about $3500!

Not looking to run 12's or anything for now, but my sights are on a 13.0@105mph.. pretty quick for a 4500lbs. tank! lulz
Old 04-03-2012, 10:05 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

Stuff waiting to be installed: matte black ceramic coated long tube MAC's with SLP high flows and Mac Prochamber. Prothane bullet motor mounts (in red), CHE k-member brace with torque limiters.

Stuff to buy for this summer:

SCT tuner (and maybe a dyno tune), WMS High Velocity Intake, Steeda street wing, Koni STR.T struts
Old 04-04-2012, 07:54 AM
moochman4life
3rd Gear Member

Welcome back!

Mods are done on my Stang for a while since...well...there's really not much else to do besides a motor build.

I'm working on some mods for my Contour SVT baby-transporting DD in the meantime, though. MSDS CAI (going in this week) and full exhaust (with MSDS headers), a 75 shot of giggle juice and a VMP 93 tune. No **** lol. And why?...just because I want my dirt cheap DD to be fun.

However: my baby boy is almost 3 weeks old, I transfer back to Norfolk in a month and a half, have 38 days of leave before school for 3 weeks out in San Dog...then I check aboard ship 3 days after school just in time to deploy. Back around this time next year!

Let's see if I can knock out these mods!
Old 04-04-2012, 11:29 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
What's up fella's?

It's been awhile since I posted over here. Just busy working my tail off and getting ready for summer.

I miss my 2008 Mustang GT/Vortech supercharged VERY much, but the AWD 5.7 Hemi was AMAZING during this past winter (130+ inches of snow!)

Just checking in to see what the forum guys are up to this summer. I remember speaking with some of you getting your supercharger kits tuned, getting more mods, cams etc. Just curious of how everyones been doing

Me?

Getting ready for a 3200 high stall torque converter, cold air intake and dual 3inch cut outs. NO tuners as of yet, and a wiring harness/PCM swap is about $3500!

Not looking to run 12's or anything for now, but my sights are on a 13.0@105mph.. pretty quick for a 4500lbs. tank! lulz
Did u have a stall on ur stang? If u didn't u will love what it will do to your car. Are there many shops that tune for the charger. Hopefully there is. As for me and the stang. I just bought some koni adjustables and camber plates. Strano sold out of the rears so I'm waiting on those but no biggie

How is Alaska weather now. This winter in ND was very mild which made work much easier. Take care buddy and let us know how ur new mods wake the car up
Old 04-04-2012, 10:22 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by moochman4life
Welcome back!

Mods are done on my Stang for a while since...well...there's really not much else to do besides a motor build.

I'm working on some mods for my Contour SVT baby-transporting DD in the meantime, though. MSDS CAI (going in this week) and full exhaust (with MSDS headers), a 75 shot of giggle juice and a VMP 93 tune. No **** lol. And why?...just because I want my dirt cheap DD to be fun.

However: my baby boy is almost 3 weeks old, I transfer back to Norfolk in a month and a half, have 38 days of leave before school for 3 weeks out in San Dog...then I check aboard ship 3 days after school just in time to deploy. Back around this time next year!

Let's see if I can knock out these mods!
Congrats on the new baby boy, he's gonna have a really cool car when grow up I bet.. maybe that suped up Contour?

Sounds like a very busy schedule.. sheesh.. a year is a long time from home! More money for mods when you get back though! lol

Originally Posted by outceltj
Did u have a stall on ur stang? If u didn't u will love what it will do to your car. Are there many shops that tune for the charger. Hopefully there is. As for me and the stang. I just bought some koni adjustables and camber plates. Strano sold out of the rears so I'm waiting on those but no biggie

How is Alaska weather now. This winter in ND was very mild which made work much easier. Take care buddy and let us know how ur new mods wake the car up
Nope, no tc on my 08 GT/Supercharged but it was gonna be the mod to get (along with cams and a TVS2300) if I were to keep it.

No serious plans as of yet except for minor bolt on's for the Charger though

The snow this last past was HORRIBLE. We still have 18 ft. snow mountains in the work parking lot if that means anything right now it's all melting.. that means rivers in our neighborhoods!

Last edited by stealth_GT; 04-04-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:14 AM
moochman4life
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
The snow this last past was HORRIBLE. We still have 18 ft. snow mountains in the work parking lot if that means anything right now it's all melting.. that means rivers in our neighborhoods!
Dude, so what exactly is keeping you in Alaska, again?
Old 04-05-2012, 08:42 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

No sales tax, 20 hours of sun during the summer, free money yearly (PFD!), great air/water, wilderness, no Emissions as of this March, and great economy!...

You just have to survive the long, horrid, ugly, nasty winters up here as well as avoiding "cabin fever"... it's all good after that
Old 04-06-2012, 11:34 AM
breathegood
2nd Gear Member

Summer is the time for the most important mod....The driver mod! Not interested in having the car down during the driving months. Second most important mod is the fund mod. There is a special account set up just for go fast goodies. This past winter was just storage, but come December we'll be installing a built motor, custom twin turbo, suspension, wheels, tires etc. Will be a three month project and next March will roll out a completely new beast.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:32 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Chin spoiler, GT/CS rear bumper, CAI and tune, short shifter and clutch, Eleanor quarter window scoops, side scoops, purple stripes and accents

Whether or not I'll make enough money to do all of that - is up in the air haha. I'm also pinching pennies to save for a flight in the only airworthy B-29 Superfortress
Old 04-06-2012, 02:01 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Young_Gun
Whether or not I'll make enough money to do all of that - is up in the air haha. I'm also pinching pennies to save for a flight in the only airworthy B-29 Superfortress

Respectable, I've seen it a few air shows now. Your car may last longer than that thing, go for the flight!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 summer mods list?