Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

MODS for my new 2008 gt

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 11:05 PM
MurrietaStang

Originally Posted by Nuke
The OP wants 400 HP on $3k WITHOUT going FI...
Yep, I saw that... I was kidding a bit in saying he should go with the Whipple. Although, if I read it right it seems like he's on the fence about going FI and not completely opposed to the idea. He didn't really say why he wanted to try to avoid going that route either. The 3k also didn't seem like a hard limit.

Seriously though for the OP, if you're at a 3k limit I'd suggest starting with a CAI and tune, gears, driveshaft, suspension mods, wheels/tires. That will give you a good base to build on later.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:13 PM
bigslash

Default what im probaly going to do

im looking at the ford hot rod performance cam shafts
ford racing 4.10 gears
bbk CAI
sct sf3 tune
bbk underdrive pullys
bbk headers and x pipe

how much added hp would that put me at

also im going to do tires eventualy but since i just bought the car im going to wait untill the tires are toasted then buy some new ones.

right now im sitting at 2800 in my shopping cart if i should add one more thing what would it be

and did i miss any thing that i should do first

im also planning on doing these mods for more power and in the future doing handeling mods
Old 02-28-2012, 09:02 PM
HxCGuitars
3rd Gear Member

That's definitely a very good start. That'll probably get you to around 340 RWHP or so, which if you factor in 15% drivetrain loss, puts you at your goal of 400 hp on the spot. Happy modding
Old 02-29-2012, 12:28 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

Where is your shopping cart? If its at Americanmuscle.com, we get a discount, just contact AMChrisYoung. Also, I have found from the vendors directly that they are willing to give a discount as well. Found quite a few willing to do this.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:08 PM
bigslash

Default question about exaust

right now im going to do headers and x pipe, whats cat back exaust is it different then headers i really dont know what each of these three do.

i know headers and x pipe go togethor for a better exaust flow (i think)

what does cat back exaust and should i do all three at once
Old 02-29-2012, 10:40 PM
bigslash

Originally Posted by JCON
Where is your shopping cart? If its at Americanmuscle.com, we get a discount, just contact AMChrisYoung. Also, I have found from the vendors directly that they are willing to give a discount as well. Found quite a few willing to do this.

yeah i am buying them from americanmuscle how would i contact chris young and how should i contact them directly.

i love discounts
Old 03-01-2012, 12:00 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bigslash
yeah i am buying them from americanmuscle how would i contact chris young and how should i contact them directly.

i love discounts
You need to have at least 50 posts in order for him to consider it. You would need to just PM him directly asking for the code. If you look in the vendor section, go to American muscles's area...there should be a sticky explaining the discount.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:02 AM
JCON
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
You need to have at least 50 posts in order for him to consider it. You would need to just PM him directly asking for the code. If you look in the vendor section, go to American muscles's area...there should be a sticky explaining the discount.
+1

I also just went to the vendors site and emailed them from the contact page. Unfortunately, AM.com doesn't have everything we need/want and there are other sites out there.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:10 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Let me save you some time here.

You want 400HP, non FI and under 3k

Not going to happen, were going to tell you to go FI or up your budget a bit.

Your not going to listen, do mostly mods that make it loud but dont increase power that much, get gears, try to save more money, have them installed improperly, spend 3 months on here detailing every aspect of this whine as the shop swears up and down its not the gear install and we tell you it is. After 3 months you will bring it to a shop to repair that will tell you your gears are eaten up and will cost twice as much as the first shop to repair.

Once you finanly get it running your gonna get your doors blown in by an 11+ then come in here, ask what you can do for more power.

Were going to tell you, you alredy did all the little BS bolt ons, that only give a few HP each and that to make real power the easiest way is FI.

Next years tax returns you will listen and finialy add a VERY MODEST AND RELIABLE supercharger, most likly something like this:
http://www.brenspeed.com/v3vortech.html

or
http://www.americanmuscle.com/2005-r...arger-kit.html

and with the installation costs of all those other parts you will have realized that you actualy spent more to stay away from FI and make much less power.

----------------------------------------------
The reason I put this up and Nuke was a smarty to you, is you are following the same line every new member starts at, trying to save you a year of back and forth.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:22 AM
bigslash

Originally Posted by JDWalton
Let me save you some time here.

You want 400HP, non FI and under 3k

Not going to happen, were going to tell you to go FI or up your budget a bit.

Your not going to listen, do mostly mods that make it loud but dont increase power that much, get gears, try to save more money, have them installed improperly, spend 3 months on here detailing every aspect of this whine as the shop swears up and down its not the gear install and we tell you it is. After 3 months you will bring it to a shop to repair that will tell you your gears are eaten up and will cost twice as much as the first shop to repair.

Once you finanly get it running your gonna get your doors blown in by an 11+ then come in here, ask what you can do for more power.

Were going to tell you, you alredy did all the little BS bolt ons, that only give a few HP each and that to make real power the easiest way is FI.

Next years tax returns you will listen and finialy add a VERY MODEST AND RELIABLE supercharger, most likly something like this:
http://www.brenspeed.com/v3vortech.html

or
http://www.americanmuscle.com/2005-r...arger-kit.html

and with the installation costs of all those other parts you will have realized that you actualy spent more to stay away from FI and make much less power.

----------------------------------------------
The reason I put this up and Nuke was a smarty to you, is you are following the same line every new member starts at, trying to save you a year of back and forth.
that is some great advice, im looking at the v3vortech one i just did not see any reviews on it on the website. i noticed it was so cheep and was wondering why? i just dont want to put some cheep piece of crap in my car, cheep is good just not crap.

was wondering how much it would cost to install and if i would need any other mods to make it work properly.

last question if i get the supercharge what mods should i get first

Quick Reply: MODS for my new 2008 gt