Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion > 4.6L V8 Technical Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 02-20-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
DTMR
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 s197 GT
Default charge motion plates question

So now that I have cams in, its a good idea to upgrade my intake manifold, and I was planning on getting the ford racing one. It says deletes charge motion plates. Now is that going to give me more power? Or should I also get the steed charge motion plates? what is better for performance??
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
2008 Alloy Metallic GT SLP Ceramic Long Tube Headers, SLP X-Pipe, Borla Stinger S-Type Catback Exhaust, Steeda Carbon Fiber CAI, FRPP Manifold, Moroso Catch Can, MSD Blasters, FRPP Hot Rod Cams, FRPP Blue Valve Covers, Front Strut Bar, CDC Rear Decklid Panel Emblem Delete, 3.90 Motive Gears, Carbon Fiber Disks, Steeda Diff Cover, KW V3 Coilovers, Custom 93 Octane SCT Tune
DTMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:59 AM   #2
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Ford Mustang GT

For the 05-08 cars, the plates are built onto the manifold. Therefore if you went with the ford racing one I would assume the deletes are built in
305rwhp 322rwtq

For sale - GT500 H/E|GT500 Rails|GT500 Steering Wheel|Entire Car!|
S197GT07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:55 PM   #3
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang GT

Definitely do one or the other. My car woke up after adding the delete plates (installed cams a month earlier). My low-end torque was unaffected (butt dyno actually felt an increase), but I could definitely feel the increase in the upper RPM range. Car idled much better too.

I chose the delete plates as I heard that the short runners on the FRPP intake manifold would decrease low-end torque, something I did not want as my car is a daily driver...

08 GT Premium, Manual, 3.55s, HIDs, IUP, Premeir Trim, Amb Light
Appearance: HID Fogs, Smoked Fogs & Signals, 14" Ant, Black Mirror Caps, Sequentials, GT500 Spoiler & Rear Bumper
Steeda: UDPs, CMDPs, HD Motor Mounts, HD Strut Mounts, Tri-Ax Shifter, Alum DS, Billet LCAs, CAI w/CF Elbow
Other: Detroit Rockers, JBA Shorty Headers, Catch Can, Flow ATs, Koni STR.Ts, GT500 18" F/19" R Wheels, Brenspeed 93 Tune, Ethanol-Free Gas
jdmcbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:56 PM   #4
BlackGT45th
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: carless
LastTransam02

Either way you will gain some power. Because you have an 08 you could just do the delete plates. Beginning in 09 Ford molded them into the stock intake making the only option to replace the intake.
BlackGT45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:17 AM   #5
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Turbo V6; 2005 V6->V8 swap beast

You'll need a tune update as well.
But yeah, GET RID OF THE IMRC PLATES!

There's threads on converting your stock ones into deletes (remove the butterflies and fill in the holes). Or pick up a set of used delete plates from someone. A FRPP intake will indeed reduce low-end torque and costs more money to buy, but looks great, gets rid of the plates, and helps out in the upper rpm range.

Last edited by tx_zstang; 02-21-2012 at 11:19 AM.
tx_zstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:57 PM   #6
DTMR
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 s197 GT

im gonna go with the ford racing intake manifold then
2008 Alloy Metallic GT SLP Ceramic Long Tube Headers, SLP X-Pipe, Borla Stinger S-Type Catback Exhaust, Steeda Carbon Fiber CAI, FRPP Manifold, Moroso Catch Can, MSD Blasters, FRPP Hot Rod Cams, FRPP Blue Valve Covers, Front Strut Bar, CDC Rear Decklid Panel Emblem Delete, 3.90 Motive Gears, Carbon Fiber Disks, Steeda Diff Cover, KW V3 Coilovers, Custom 93 Octane SCT Tune
DTMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:57 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
charge, charge motion delete, charge motion plates, delete, ford racing, frpp, install, intake, intake manifold, motion, mustang, performance, plates, powered, vbulletin