Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion > 4.6L V8 Technical Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-27-2012, 10:49 AM   #1
EthanP71

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang GT
Default Creaky Brake Pedal

I've seen a few threads about this in the past, but there's never really been a conclusive answer. My 05 has a creaky brake pedal. Usually it only happens when its 75+ degrees out. It's the brake pedal itself, not the brakes.

Anyone else have that? Any remedies?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

Auto Trans, 3.31 Limited Slip, Steeda springs+sway bar, D Specs, Cragar SS 18", 255 Nitto 555's, 88,000 Miles
EthanP71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

Maybe get under the dash and find the pivot points and hit them with some graphite or other lube? I've never looked at it, so that's just a guess. But I may have to look now...
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:43 PM   #3
lawrencecar1
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 07, Ford GT

+1...
Roush M90 SC w/2.49 pulley, KB BAP, Roush CB, Hurst ss, FRPP cams, FRPP 62mm TB, Helo 20" wheels, FRPP 4.10's, BBK headers, Kicker/Shelby 8" subs, Cadence amps, Optima red top, full body kit, STB, JLT oil separators ps/ds, Cross drilled/slotted rotors, aluminum DS, Eibach struts,shocks, FRPP springs, Eibach sway bar kit, BMR panhard bar/brace, BMR LCA's, SS brake/clutch lines, GlowShift gauges, Shelby RSB/trans cooler, JLT brake cooling kit, Exedy stage 1 clutch/Flywheel
lawrencecar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:20 PM   #4
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

I took a peak and there's a heavy guage spring wire as the top pivot point. I'd hit that with a light shot of a lube. If that doesn't cure it, then the suspect is the piston to the power unit.
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Old 04-27-2012, 07:32 PM   #5
EthanP71

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang GT

Thanks for the pointers. I was planning on lubing something, but I was just wondering if anyones had the same thing and fixed it before. You guys think it matters much what type of lube I use? I was thinking of some white lithium.

Auto Trans, 3.31 Limited Slip, Steeda springs+sway bar, D Specs, Cragar SS 18", 255 Nitto 555's, 88,000 Miles
EthanP71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:11 PM   #6
Nuke
6th Gear Member

White lithium would be fine PROVIDING that the wire spring is the issue. You might want to try a very short burst of a spray lube (I hate to say WD40) to confirm that it's the spring only becuase I don't like lubing something with a grease only to find that it wasn't the source of the creaking. Regardless of what you use, be liberal.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:05 AM   #7
Rylay
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006,Ford,Mustang GT
RYLAY

Extra lube won't hurt it, just do one thing at a time so you can narrow it down for anyone else with the problem.
Rylay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #8
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Extra lube attracts contaminants which may eventually compound things. Typically, a minor creak only needs a drop of lube.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:21 AM   #9
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Ford Mustang GT

NUKE is right a little spritz of white lithium grease should do the trick.
SpartaPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:34 PM   #10
BAB GT
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Ford Mustang GT

I had the same issue over a year ago. Not sure what it was, but I shot everything that could move with a light coat of white lithium grease and it has never done it again.
Red '06 Mustang GT Premium, Red leather, MRT Aluminum louvers, side window louvers, rear deck lid blackout, shorty antenna, 12 disc CD player, window tint, JLT 3 w/ Dyno tune, Agent 47 mirrors, 18"x 9" Voxx Bullit replica wheels.
BAB GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:34 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
02, 05, 2005, 2006, 2007, brake, brakes, creaking, creaky, mustang, pedal