Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion > 4.6L V8 Technical Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-14-2012, 12:22 AM   #11
wayne613
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008, GT/CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolical! View Post
And the Lord said, "Let there be Whipple."
And the people saw that it was good.
And there was much rejoicing.
Amen.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

Last edited by wayne613; 05-14-2012 at 12:24 AM.
wayne613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:01 AM   #12
DTMR
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 s197 GT

Quote:
hahahaha^

I would go with intake and full exhaust and a tune (headers,pipe, cat or axle back) to start then I would add cams (but watch out they change your gas mileage) and see if there are any SCT certified tuners with dynos in your area, that will be the best tune you can get. After that you can do manifold and throttle body and don't forget tires, wheels and suspension work
2008 Alloy Metallic GT SLP Ceramic Long Tube Headers, SLP X-Pipe, Borla Stinger S-Type Catback Exhaust, Steeda Carbon Fiber CAI, FRPP Manifold, Moroso Catch Can, MSD Blasters, FRPP Hot Rod Cams, FRPP Blue Valve Covers, Front Strut Bar, CDC Rear Decklid Panel Emblem Delete, 3.90 Motive Gears, Carbon Fiber Disks, Steeda Diff Cover, KW V3 Coilovers, Custom 93 Octane SCT Tune
DTMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:40 AM   #13
Rylay
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006,Ford,Mustang GT
RYLAY

I've had the jlt series 3 CAI and bama tune for while and it makes me all warm inside.

After that put in some exhaust work and save up for FI

Just gut pypes mid-muffler catback and my 2 adjacent neighbors moved. Totally unrelated.
Rylay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:00 AM   #14
UPRSharad
Sponsor

Vehicle: 2011, Ford, Mustang GT
www.facebook.com/sraldiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuill View Post
Hey guys I just purchased my first mustang. Black, 06, Gt, 30,000 miles. I want to upgrade the engine but I want to keep it all clean and classy. Any suggestions. Cai? Exhaust? Chip? Whats going to be the most reliable in the long run? Any foreseeable problems. All knowledge will help. Thanks!
I have an '06 GT and I work for UPR so I've been adding the UPR parts a little at a time.

Our CAI/Tuner package added a very noticeable amount of power. This was an easy and effective mod.
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-b...sct-tuner.html

I also added UPR's off-road x-pipe and GT500 mufflers. It added power, it sounds nice, and it doesn't drone.
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-o...x-pipe-05.html

I hated the sloppy feeling stock shifter, so I bolted ours on and it's much tighter.
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-b...-05-trick.html

I added the full UPR Pro Street suspension and this has been the best mod so far. It hooks very will in a straight line and in the corners. It makes the car very fun to drive! (except for when I get stuck behind slow cars on my favorite corners)
http://www.uprproducts.com/05-09-mus...uspension.html

I noticed my car puffing a little oil smoke every now and then and it was FREAKING ME OUT, but I researched the problem on the boards and discovered that an oil catch can might solve the problem. Sure enough, it did!
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-b...driver-05.html

I also added a few billet goodies here and there. My plastic factory seat release tabs on the seatbacks were broken, so I added our billet tabs. Also added a billet shorty antenna because I can't stand the huge factory antennas.
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-b...-05-black.html
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-b...nna-black.html

Also added GT500 wheels and tires which made an incredible improvement in looks and performance.

Overall, my '06 GT has been a fun ride, and I don't owe much for it at all. It's a pretty affordable ride. I've thought about buying a 2013, but I'm having too much fun with my '06.

Quote:
^^yup!

Like us at www.facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
UPRSharad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:40 PM   #15
07CSstang
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang GT/CS

bama tunes are all i have run, but i really like them. don't think you'll go wrong with them.

2007 Mustang GT/CS: Lexi
Steeda CAI-Bama Race Tune-Pypes O/R X-pipe-Pypes Black Pype Bombs-Ford Racing 4.10s-Eibach ProDamper Shocks and Struts-Eibach ProKit Lowering Springs-DBA T2 Slotted Front and Rear Rotors-Ford Racing Front Lower Control Arms
07CSstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:53 PM   #16
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

I too have a 2006 GT ('vert). I haven't done a lot of mods, but what I like best are, Corsa catback exhaust, MGW shifter & Brenspeed tunes. My latest improvment, a set of Koni STR.T struts & shocks and a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires. She's not the fastest Mustang in town, but one of the sweetest to drive.
18" "Fanblade Wheels"
CORSA Performance exhaust
Brenspeed 87 octane performance tune
MGW Shifter
Goldenpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:25 PM   #17
Darth Evader
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Ford Mustang GT

I have the BBK CAI and used Brenspeed tunes for a few years. This year I tried American Muscle's tunes and am much happier with them in regards to shift points and not being over-responsive.

Regarding the BBK, it seems to be well made, but I am not happy with the way that the breather hose clips onto the CAI...it's too far away for the the cars hardened, stock tube to be able to reach without stretching and bending the tube beyond it's pre-formed shape.

2006 Mustang GT - Vista Blue
Darth Evader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:16 AM   #18
357rod100
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 06 Mustang GT

Definitely can't go wrong with Bama tunes, and you can't beat the free tunes for life.
357rod100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:16 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
06, 2006, cai, dual, exhaust, gt, headers, list, modifications, mustang, mybb, parts, performance, powered, sport, upgrade, vbulletin