Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

g force perfomance chip

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 12:41 PM
rocket237
2nd Gear Member

Question g force perfomance chip

I installed mine and used the far left (red) wire and the second from the right (grey w/red) stripe wire By using the intructions on multi wired iat sensr connections I used the resisitance setting on my multi, electronic fucntion meter......problem is the wire right next too the far left wire also had a resisitance reading of 1.65 k, I went with the higher of the two readings....which was 1.86 k......What did anyone else do with their chip I'm wondering? I didn't start it yet, taking the truck to work......(Yes the battery was disconnected for this procedure, btw... any feed back would be appreciated.....Not sure if I got the right wires or not................
Old 05-14-2012, 12:43 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Y not just use a tuner. I haven't seen a chip ever mentioned here
Old 05-14-2012, 01:00 PM
lawrencecar1
2nd Gear Member

e force is an ebay special. I would not start the car. As Nuke once said "Chips are for eating, we tune the pcm"...
Old 05-14-2012, 06:35 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Those types of chips simply attempt to "fake out" some of the PCM logic and yield very little gain. You'll find about 75% of the forum members are running some type of non-stock tune. I doubt you'll find anyone on the forum with the mod you're attempting (if you can call that a mod...). Typical custom tunes on the GT yield 20-25 RWHP. You're chip mod may yield 3-5.

But if the babe in your avatar is up for trade, I'll get you that 20-25 RWHP...
Old 05-14-2012, 06:41 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Those "chips" are nothing more than an electronic resistor that can cause the engine to run dangerously lean and guess what...good bye motor.

Remove that crap from your car and get an SCT tuner!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-14-2012, 08:03 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Throw it away.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:59 PM
rocket237
2nd Gear Member

I kinda figured that, and here is the ''but'', Fooling a pcm is actually a ''mod'' I did myself....4.7k resistor with a 1/4 watt. handling, (1/2 watt can be used as well.). In a 5,7 hemi.....it actually loads the manifold with more fuel at wot, cuz the pcm is ''reading'' a false cooler air temperature than what is actually entering the motor. Eventually the pcm ''learns'' your driving habits and the intial difference in hp is lost until you reset the pcm by unhooking the battery for 5 minutes every oil change..........Btw, if anything , I beleive this richens the air fuel mixture imo. But I've been wrong before.

As for the gt, the chip is out and the tuner is on order.....thanks guys.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:15 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rocket237
As for the gt, the chip is out and the tuner is on order.....thanks guys.
wise decision! nicely done
Old 05-15-2012, 10:59 AM
rocket237
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rocket237
I installed mine and used the far left (red) wire and the second from the right (grey w/red) stripe wire By using the intructions on multi wired iat sensr connections I used the resisitance setting on my multi, electronic fucntion meter......problem is the wire right next too the far left wire also had a resisitance reading of 1.65 k, I went with the higher of the two readings....which was 1.86 k......What did anyone else do with their chip I'm wondering? I didn't start it yet, taking the truck to work......(Yes the battery was disconnected for this procedure, btw... any feed back would be appreciated.....Not sure if I got the right wires or not................
The IAT wires in the '06 as it plugs in, the wires are the first two on the right side, by the way.....in case some one wants too install a cheap power wire, (imo, There is nothing wrong with doing this). It is a simple mod that is on the cheap. Not everyone can afford the upgrades that are popular on this site,ie;pro comp manifolds....superchargers....turbos....etc,etc. I wouidn't think anyone here would bash the less fortunate out of a little hp gain even if it is fleeting.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:27 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I personally feel that owning a car that listed when new for over $20k minimum should be reason to not cheap out on certain mods; engine performance being on the top of the list. And that mod can have very negative results. Nobody on the forum likes to hear about someone destroying their motor or bricking their PCM.

Quick Reply: g force perfomance chip