Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Shifting from 2nd to 3rd is like hitting a wall at high RPM's...HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 04:24 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Sounds like the transmission torquing over to one side. brenspeed.com sells the torque limiters for $169.

http://www.brenspeed.com/che7la.html
Old 02-27-2013, 09:01 PM
barspeedhollywood
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
Sounds like the transmission torquing over to one side. brenspeed.com sells the torque limiters for $169.

http://www.brenspeed.com/che7la.html
Great price! I will def get this as soon as possible regardless. I'm just gonna have to wait considering need new brakes, taxes, rent, bills and on and on...

I will be back to share with you guys as soon as I can

If its a month or two then so be it. Gotta handle some sh*t

I will b back
Old 02-28-2013, 10:33 PM
Kotobuki
3rd Gear Member

For the motor mounts, the Prothane units run about $129 anywhere that has them. The hardest part of the install is getting the left mount out from under the mounting arm. Since I wasn't going to be putting them back in, I used a Dremel and cut about 3/4" off the top of the stud that's in the middle of the stock mount so I could weasel it out. Other than that, total time is about an hour for install. You will need some serious extensions though, to get that far down in the engine bay.

I will note that it will increase the vibration in the cabin, but I have no issues with it. I rather like it.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:55 AM
barspeedhollywood
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kotobuki
For the motor mounts, the Prothane units run about $129 anywhere that has them. The hardest part of the install is getting the left mount out from under the mounting arm. Since I wasn't going to be putting them back in, I used a Dremel and cut about 3/4" off the top of the stud that's in the middle of the stock mount so I could weasel it out. Other than that, total time is about an hour for install. You will need some serious extensions though, to get that far down in the engine bay.

I will note that it will increase the vibration in the cabin, but I have no issues with it. I rather like it.
Thank you Kotobuki, I will start with the CHE unit and keep the motor mounts in mind

Cheers
Old 05-05-2013, 05:36 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by barspeedhollywood
Thank you Kotobuki, I will start with the CHE unit and keep the motor mounts in mind

Cheers
So did you try motor mounts or torque limiters?

The only negative about torque limiters is the cross brace gets in the way during an oil change.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:39 PM
Pitchblack7720

This is happening to me when I go from 1st to 2nd in high rpms, it goes in normally in regular shifts. When I'm on the highway, in neutral, if I rev the car over 4k, it wont let me go into ANY gear into it drops passed 4k. Don't know if that's normal or not, I just recently installed Prothane mounts and got new oem suspension to try to fix the problem. All it did was make the shifts easy, which I'm glad it did. anyone found a solution to this? 0.o