Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion > 4.6L V8 Technical Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #11
danzcool
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 GT

I do have a set of the old style heads, they were all good when taken off for my built motor swap...
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
danzcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:55 PM   #12
Ricardo
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: '07 Mustang GT

So the plugs being like that is from the blowby of oil that a catch-can will prevent? If he got one will they have less carbon buildup? Mine looked like that but my car runs just fine.
Ricardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #13
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

Plugs are gonna build up crud no matter what, but oil in the combustion chamber will make it much worse. The 3V is notorious for blowby, even when bone stock.

OP, I wish I could help you more. There are just too many variables for me to attempt an internet diagnosis. Good luck with it man.

Whipple-12psi 10 Rib Pulley Kit-McLeod RXT & Steel Flywheel-UPR Rod End LCAs, UCA, Spherical Bearing, Panhard Bar, K-member + Front Swaybar Delete-Metco LCA Relo Brackets-BMR Xtreme Anti Roll-Spydershaft-Race Star Wheels-MGW-PMP Line Locks-Stanghi O/R X-Odyssey 10 lb Battery-Moroso Separator-Eibach Front/CJ Rear Drag Springs-Strange Adjustable Shocks and Struts-MSD 2 Step-etc. 11.29@123 1.59 60'
DRAG RACE? ASK ME ABOUT MY UPR SUSPENSION.
Diabolical! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:13 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement