Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion > 4.6L V8 Technical Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-27-2013, 02:59 PM   #1
Igor

Default SCT tuning software, having e-force issues

Good Day guys,

My wife has a 2006 auto GT and I just recently put a edelbrock blower on it, competition kit set up for 10lbs.

The car runs but is not running well at part throttle.
Cold, it almost does not want to move/falls on its face. Warm its drivable but sounds like crap as its leaving the line. I think its running rich from listening to it.

I tried data logging it and it looks like spark advance goes down as low as 4-5 when its doing this.

Otherwise the car runs well at heavy throttle/wot and past 3000rpm.

I am waiting for a dyno tune at the end of this week and I am hoping this can be fixed. But in the mean time, and moving forward I wouldn't mind being able to make tune adjustments myself. I have a wide band setup, and I have some experience tuning GM cars and using tunercat software.

Speaking to SCT reps, it seems that software is around $350 bux for one license which seems reasonable to me. I am hoping I can get or buy some base tunes somewhere and maybe even start from scratch and try and get this car running properly.

Does anyone have any recommendations where I can get a solid base tune?
The tune that's in this car came from a speed shop I bought the competition kit from.

Thanks guys
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Igor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:55 PM   #2
jpplaw
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ford Mustang GT

Is the edelbrock-supplied tune on the car? Or is it some hack job?
If the tune sucks as bad as it sounds like it does - I wouldn't do anything (especially WOT or heavy throttle) until it goes on the dyno for a tune.
If the dyno tuner is good, you won't need to do any further adjustments and you can save yourself the $350 for the software. It is not easy to tune these cars and the VCT, thats why there are very few nationally known tuners for them like Bama, Brenspeed, VMP, Lund.
E-Force /2.75” Pulley - IW 18% OD Balancer
ID 725 Injectors
Comp Cams 127450's
GT500 Dual Fuel Pumps w/ dual VMP boosters
Fluidyne Aluminum Radiator
AFCO Heat Exchanger w/ fans
Dad's Intercooler tank
Kooks 1 5/8” Headers, Green Cats, H-pipe
PI 3200 rpm Converter
3.73 Gears
Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft
Strange Adj. Struts and Shocks
GT500 Brembo Brakes & BAER 14” Rotors

DYNOJET: 633 rwhp/623 rwtq (4/2/14)

Last edited by jpplaw; 05-27-2013 at 05:02 PM.
jpplaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:13 AM   #3
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 mustang gt

Get a tune from brenspeed or americanmuscle.com.

whipple HO SC,FRPP k springs, Pypes mid mufflers, hurst, frpp TB, 4.10's, spohn lca's, adj. UCA, relo brackets, 1 piece DS, spec stg 3+ clutch. 12.52@117.6mph so far with a 2.01 60 ft time

Pumpkin jacking addict
moosestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:13 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement