Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion > 4.6L V8 Technical Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 07-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #11
GTowner76

Vehicle: 2010 Ford Mustang GT

Well, I'm screwed then. I'd be tempted to go get some SLP Loudmouths, but those are bolt on's and I just don't trust bolt on fitment anymore after the Pypes experience. Some may work well, but I don't think they all do. I don't get why the GT doesn't come that way off the factory line. Nobody buys a GT to sound like any other car. Go loud or go home I say.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
GTowner76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:49 PM   #12
YoungBlood
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 4.6 5sp-mt S197 GT

you could have an exhaust shop custom make you some muffler deletes, it would probably be cheaper than slps too

Mineral Gray GT, 31k miles, 5spd mt, K&N CAI, American Racing Rebel wheels staggered w/ nittos, shaker 1000, lots of mods to come!
YoungBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:36 PM   #13
GTowner76

Vehicle: 2010 Ford Mustang GT

That's what the Pype Bombs were...muffler deletes essentially. They sounded ok, but the metal they were made of made it sound cannish. Cheap product from my experience. The Super 44 isn't a bad muffler, but just too quiet. I'm about tempted to just forget it, and sell this thing and go get a new v6 that looks cool and save on the gas. Just disappointing! Thanks for your response today!
GTowner76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:19 PM   #14
YoungBlood
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 4.6 5sp-mt S197 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTowner76 View Post
That's what the Pype Bombs were...muffler deletes essentially. They sounded ok, but the metal they were made of made it sound cannish. Cheap product from my experience. The Super 44 isn't a bad muffler, but just too quiet. I'm about tempted to just forget it, and sell this thing and go get a new v6 that looks cool and save on the gas. Just disappointing! Thanks for your response today!
I've heard the pipe bombs can sound like that due to the baffles in them, the SLP or any other muffler delete shouldn't have a tin can sound

Here's a clip of a 2010 with the slp's your exhaust shop could easily fab some of these up, but I've heard no complaints about the fitment of SLPs but lots about pypes

Mineral Gray GT, 31k miles, 5spd mt, K&N CAI, American Racing Rebel wheels staggered w/ nittos, shaker 1000, lots of mods to come!
YoungBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:14 PM   #15
JCON
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang GT Convertible

Check out my YouTube channel for various videos of my set ups on the car. I had Mac Boomtubes which are very similar to Loud Mouths. They were nasty sounding but way too loud for my tastes. I have Bassani Race mufflers now. Quiet at idle and normal driving but when I hammer it, you know.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MidAtlanticMustang

270rwhp 292rwtq - 4/21/12 - Stock 87 octane + 4.10's
283rwhp 296rwtq - 4/20/13 - Exhaust 87 octane + 4.10's
330rwhp 336rwtq - 4/19/14 - Intake, P&P TB, CMDP's, UDP's, LT's, O/R ProChamber, 4.10's + 93 tune
JCON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:09 AM   #16
ghunt
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTowner76 View Post
Well, I'm screwed then. I'd be tempted to go get some SLP Loudmouths, but those are bolt on's and I just don't trust bolt on fitment anymore after the Pypes experience.
Dude, do not let Pypes convince you that nothing will bolt on right. Pypes stuff is notorious for bad fitment. I've installed two different axle backs (MBRP and current Hooker one) that were almost dead on after installation with no tweaking, and fit very well.
C&L Racer, 93R Tune, SR UDP's, JBA ceramic LT's & catted shorty H, Magnaflow resonators, Hooker Aerochambers, Hurst Billet/Plus, "P" springs Spohn reloc brackets/lowers, J&M AL panhard bar, DIY brace, smoked markers/tail lights
ghunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:15 PM   #17
JCON
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang GT Convertible

My MAC and Bassani fit great without modification. Pypes is notorious for bad fitment.

270rwhp 292rwtq - 4/21/12 - Stock 87 octane + 4.10's
283rwhp 296rwtq - 4/20/13 - Exhaust 87 octane + 4.10's
330rwhp 336rwtq - 4/19/14 - Intake, P&P TB, CMDP's, UDP's, LT's, O/R ProChamber, 4.10's + 93 tune
JCON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:38 PM   #18
Mr.Ski
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ford Mustang GT

You need to keep in mind you really cant compare the sound of the cars before 05..... They had mid car mufflers in front of the axle with a tailpipe. That changes everything sound wise.
Mr.Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:04 AM   #19
ghunt
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang GT

With Aerochambers and an H-pipe (with high flow cats) I got mine pretty damn close!
C&L Racer, 93R Tune, SR UDP's, JBA ceramic LT's & catted shorty H, Magnaflow resonators, Hooker Aerochambers, Hurst Billet/Plus, "P" springs Spohn reloc brackets/lowers, J&M AL panhard bar, DIY brace, smoked markers/tail lights
ghunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:02 AM   #20
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang
TorchVert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghunt View Post
Dude, do not let Pypes convince you that nothing will bolt on right. Pypes stuff is notorious for bad fitment. I've installed two different axle backs (MBRP and current Hooker one) that were almost dead on after installation with no tweaking, and fit very well.
Bingo! Quality control at Pypes seems largely MIA. I've seen sets of their stuff that fit perfectly, and other sets where the pipes were so badly misformed the connections wouldn't come within 6" of mating up.

Don't judge the whole industry by them.

2005 Mustang 4.0L V6 'Vert
X-Charger Xtreme S/N 004 * 328 rwhp/ 339 rwtq
First X-Charged manual * First X-Charged 'vert * First X-Charger Xtreme manual
MF Ride of the Month: July 2011

Massachusetts Regional Chapter Forum
Torch_Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:02 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement