Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion > 4.6L V8 Technical Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 08-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #1
70monte
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ford Mustang
Default 07 GT UPR catch can mounting.

Guys, I need some pictures of where you have mounted this can on a 07 GT. We just bought one for my fiancée's car and I can't find a place to mount it. Her car doesn't have any holes in the place shown in UPR's directions and even if there was, there is this black looking piece mounted below it so the can would hit anyway. The support bracket is too short to mount it to one of the strut tower studs because the can hits the side of the tower and you cannot tighten the bolt down. I'm about to just install it without mounting it but I don't know if it will be stable or not. I talked to someone at UPR and he was supposed to send me a pic today of one mounted on a 06 GT but he hasn't yet Thanks for any help.

Wayne
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
70monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:55 AM   #2
Scott2
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Ford Mustang GT/CS

Not a UPR, but a JVC catch can. I think the UPR is a little bigger, in my opinion mounting it directly in between the intake and valve covers makes the cleanest installation. Should fit as there is a PCV in the path in my picture (came with the supercharger) that you don't have if you are NA.

GT/CS Auto – Mods Courtesy: AeroForce, Agent 47, AM, American Racing Headers, Anzo, ATI, Auto Meter, Axle Exchange, Baer, BMR, Canton, Cervini's, CPC, Circle D Specialties, DaSilva Racing, DiabloSport, FRPP, JLT Perf, Fore Precision, Magnaflow, Maximum Motorsports, M&H, Meziere, Moroso, MT, Nitto, Performance Automatic, Pioneer, Royal Purple, Russell, SCT, SHR, Shelby Perf Parts, SOS, Stack Racing, Steeda, StopTech, TA Perf, TCI Auto, TSS, UPR, Vortech & WebElectric. View Garage for mods.
Scott2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:57 AM   #3
Esch
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008, Ford, Mustang

Here is where I mounted mine. I took out the stock black screw at this location and got a hex head bolt with nut and washer to mount it. It's easy enough to unscrew the canister to empty it, and it's pretty much out of the way IMO. Hope this helps.

Click the image to open in full size.
Mods: Roush: CAI, Extreme exhaust, Stage 2 suspension, UDP, STB, LCAs, Forged wheels, Shifter, Billet pedals... BAMA tune, BBK shorty headers, Prothane MMs, BMR panhard bar & brace, J&M camber plates, DSS driveshaft, BMR loop, CHE Brace w/ TL, UPR catch can, Ambient lighting, Push-button start, Gen5 tail lights, CDC deck lid, Mirror covers, Shorty antenna, GDM console & head rest covers, SHR satin interior pieces & chrome fuel door, Tint
Esch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:54 AM   #4
danzcool
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 GT

Just used one of those wire/bendy things and didn't attach it to anything.
Click the image to open in full size.

Standing Mile: 198.5mph on tune for 109 @ 25psi boost
danzcool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:52 PM   #5
70monte
1st Gear Member

Thanks everyone. That gives me some ideas on where to mount this thing. What is everyone using for hose? I've read a few places not to use the hose provided since it doesn't stand up to oil and will collapse under vacuum.

Wayne
Old 08-25-2013, 08:27 PM   #6
Esch
1st Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70monte View Post
Thanks everyone. That gives me some ideas on where to mount this thing. What is everyone using for hose? I've read a few places not to use the hose provided since it doesn't stand up to oil and will collapse under vacuum.

Wayne
I used this stuff
. I'd verify first that it's 10 AN, but I'm pretty sure it is. Then I just used blue hose clamps on each end.
Mods: Roush: CAI, Extreme exhaust, Stage 2 suspension, UDP, STB, LCAs, Forged wheels, Shifter, Billet pedals... BAMA tune, BBK shorty headers, Prothane MMs, BMR panhard bar & brace, J&M camber plates, DSS driveshaft, BMR loop, CHE Brace w/ TL, UPR catch can, Ambient lighting, Push-button start, Gen5 tail lights, CDC deck lid, Mirror covers, Shorty antenna, GDM console & head rest covers, SHR satin interior pieces & chrome fuel door, Tint
Old 08-26-2013, 02:55 PM   #7
70monte
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the link. The provided hose has an 5/8 ID so I'm sure the one in your link is the correct size. Is there anything special needed to cut that stuff since it has that covering on it?

Wayne
Old 08-26-2013, 05:24 PM   #8
Esch
1st Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70monte View Post
Thanks for the link. The provided hose has an 5/8 ID so I'm sure the one in your link is the correct size. Is there anything special needed to cut that stuff since it has that covering on it?

Wayne
I was fortunate enough to use my dad's bench grinder which has a thin cutting wheel on it. I put electrical tape on the area I cut to keep the fraying down.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:40 PM   #9
70monte
1st Gear Member

I mounted mine in the same place as Esch did. Here is a picture.

Wayne
Old 08-30-2013, 05:24 PM   #10
Esch
1st Gear Member

Looks good!
Old 08-30-2013, 05:24 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement