Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

swapped climate module, now no heat whatsoever!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 03:28 AM
_Jericho_

Default swapped climate module, now no heat whatsoever!

Hello,

Couple months back I had an actuator break on my 08 GT so I had a local shop take care of it. After they swapped the actuator, the climate module suddenly stopped working for some reason. Well, they got me another, except it was missing the heated seat option... While frustrated I was polite and let them install another.

Fast forward a couple months, it's finally chilly here in Tucson at night so I turn up the heat... Well, nothing happens and the AC blows cold as can be. I figure they either failed to properly seat a connection on the back of the module OR a fuse was blown.

Unfortunately, after looking at the fuse diagrams, I can't identify anything that would control this in the high voltage box under the hood and 1-10 are intact. I can't verify 48 as it is white and opaque.

I have not looked in the SJB yet but in the diagram I can find nothing in there that would be apparent for my issue. I have seen reference to a 'heat/cold blend door actuator fuse' but sadly I can't identify it via the fuse diagram. Can anyone be of assistance please? I'm moving to Austin in one week and my window to have the shop take care of this (assuming they did it) is RAPIDLY closing.

To recap:

Coolant levels are fine
Both heat and A/C 100% functional prior to replacing actuator, couldn't change vent position.
A/C currently blows cold
Unfortunately so does heat
fan speed select and vent position are fully operational
temperature control **** appears non-functional

While this is my first post on this forum, I apologize for simply asking for help rather that trying to contribute first but I am in a real pickle. I've tried searching to no avail. I would be truly grateful for any assistance that can be offered.

Jericho
Old 11-08-2013, 03:40 AM
_Jericho_

duplicate thread, please delete.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:41 AM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

They probably left off the one side plug. You can pop off the side panels by the radio, without removing the console, and look one each side to see if they are plugged in. The drivers side is a black plug that clips over the tab type. The passenger side is the type you slide in, then push the lever to lock it into place. It is simple. They reattach your cover plates and you are done.

Did they reorder your heated seat style controller?