Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion > 4.6L V8 Technical Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 11-11-2013, 11:49 AM   #1
Mellowdien
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007, Ford Mustang GT
Default 100shot Zex nitrouskit, First Test & Setting Recommendations?

Hey Guys,

I recently had my Zex nitrous kit installed. I'm using a 100shot jet and a 93 octane nitrous tune from Brenspeed. As they've recommended i also purchased a kenne bell boost a pump along with a set of Autolite HT1's.

The spark plugs we're at stock gap.
We set the Zex window switch at 2500rpm - 5800rpm.

1st run: We set the pump at 10%, and the car drove horribly. 10% is the minimum i think you can set the boost a pump at. The car ran an 14.6 which about a second or more slower than what it usually runs N/A.

2nd run: We set the pump at 0% so basically just running with the stock system. The car ran way better and turned in an 12.87 @ 177km/h .

I had a 2-3 more runs with that bottle before it was empty or not functioning properly i'm not sure (it was a 10lbs bottle). We put in a 15lbs bottle and i had 1 run with that one. Everything worked fine the first run with the 15lbs. After which the nitrous system failed and didnt work again that evening. The Zex box in the engine compartment was very hot and i expect that some sort of safety valve went off. The bottle temp was okay. We waited for the zex box to cool off. After it did we tried again but it still wouldn't work.

Any input to what might have caused the issue?
What rpm range's would you recommend?
How lean/rich would you adjust the kenne bell?
How many passes should i be able to make off of a 10lbs bottle?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
2007 Mustang GT, Borla LT Headers, O/R X-Pipe, Borla Stingers, C&L CAI + SCT Brenspeed 87 Octane Tune, ATI Super Damper, 18" GT500 SVT Wheels on Nitto NT05R's, Dynotech One-Piece Aluminium Driveshaft, BMR LCA's, BMR UCA, BMR A-Arms, BMR K-Member, TCI 3500 Stall, Ford Racing 62mm Throttle Body, Ford Racing Intake Manifold, Comp 127200 NSR Cams - 15" Racestars Front & Rear at the track - Hoosier QTP's 28 x 11.5 / 26 x 10.5

2005 Nissan 350Z
Mellowdien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:49 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement