Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Mustang Gt 2008 am really desperate :'(

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 05:50 PM
Ricardo
3rd Gear Member

COP=Coil On Plug.

Pic source is Americanmuscle.com
Old 12-16-2013, 10:48 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Also....
Am I the only person that noticed he said he had an air intake but no tune?

If you have the street version you still must ASK for the no tune required calabiration.
Even then they could have mistakenly given you the street calibration that needs a tune.

I'd definitely take a close look and call C&L and ask them how to tell which street version you have and tell them you can't remember which you ordered.

I don't know why you would get the non tune required version anyway.
Despite what is advertised, cold air intakes without a tune will give you virtually NO power gains. If you get ANY it would be about 5HP and that is NO joke.

Without a tune you wasted your money on that cold air intake.

But first things first.
Find out if not having a tune with the cold air intake is what's causing you to run rich, as well as the other codes.

It's important to know that running your car like this is putting it in REAL danger of MAJOR engine catastrophe!
You MUST get this fixed! FAST!

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 12-16-2013 at 11:01 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:14 PM
Falkwa

from how you described it... get a tune for that cold air. mass air flows reading wrong toss O2 sensor codes all the time.. and have no power at high RPMs
Old 12-17-2013, 07:27 PM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

i hope u get ur problem solved OP, my car has run flawlessly since i got it but im gonna use a bama tune tomorrow (its coming mail tomorrow) and im scared to death somethings gonna happen like this.

Everyone at AM says that the tunes are safe, I asked them if they ever heard of any problems caused by tunes and they said never....then i found online the 5.0 motors can cause a 11k$ repair bill with a bama tune, and i called back and told them about it, and they were like "oh..."

Im feeling kinda scared, i figure a company that will say u can get 15 horsepower from a catback exhaust will probably also lie about the safety of a tune to get a sale.

theres another guy here who hasnt been able to pass inspection since he got his tune
Old 12-18-2013, 01:06 AM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

the 5.0 problems were early on in the motors history and everyone knows how to tune them now.

I wouldnt worry, always a learning curve and were well beyond the 4.6 3v and 5.0 curve now
Old 12-18-2013, 09:07 AM
waykooljr
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
Also....
Noticed it but the OP started with having this problem after repairing a broken exhaust. This would lead me to believe that the car was running fine prior to the repair.

If the CAI was installed recently and that is when the symptoms started, then it's very possible he didn't get the calibration insert and like has been said, needs the insert or a tune.
Old 12-18-2013, 03:18 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

I'd like to hear how things are going for this guy. Hopefully it was something as simple as the insert missing.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:45 AM
Gt2008

heey guys thank you all for caring , i still didn't change the o2 sensors cause as a i said am waiting for my salary , i've been using the Cai Air intake for two years now and i've faced no problems with it , but when i fix the o2 sensors i'll fix the stock air intake to make sure everything is normal , i'll keep you updated in a couple of days hope o2 sensors are the problem not the Computer of the car
Old 12-20-2013, 03:48 AM
Gt2008

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
Also....

If you have the street version you still must ASK for the no tune required calabiration.
Even then they could have mistakenly given you the street calibration that needs a tune.

I'd definitely take a close look and call C&L and ask them how to tell which street version you have and tell them you can't remember which you ordered.

I don't know why you would get the non tune required version anyway.
Despite what is advertised, cold air intakes without a tune will give you virtually NO power gains. If you get ANY it would be about 5HP and that is NO joke.

Without a tune you wasted your money on that cold air intake.

But first things first.
Find out if not having a tune with the cold air intake is what's causing you to run rich, as well as the other codes.

It's important to know that running your car like this is putting it in REAL danger of MAJOR engine catastrophe!
You MUST get this fixed! FAST!
my problem started when the exhaust has broken i felt it and heard the sound when it was broken ,thats when immediately got the check sign and all the codes spontaneously
Old 01-07-2014, 01:18 PM
Gt2008

guys i've changed the exhaust sensors and nothing changed the problem still there i reakky don't know what to do more , what do i need to change or fix to make it work or back to normal ! ,

Quick Reply: Mustang Gt 2008 am really desperate :'(