Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

FRRP Headers/Steeda Pulleys ????

Old 03-03-2014, 12:05 PM
shinerttu
2nd Gear Member

Default FRRP Headers/Steeda Pulleys ????

Gents,

As I always do I check the local craigslist for some goodies because you never know what you can find. Today I came across on ad selling:

FRRP Shorty Headers - (Wants $100)
Steeda Underdrive Pulleys - ($50)
4.10 gears - ($20)

The pictures all look pretty good. I was thinking about low balling him for the set maybe $100???

I know FRRP shortys dont have good praise but if I got them for like $60 would you guys think this is a good deal? Is install a PIA?

Steed pulleys, same question what do yall think is this a good deal? Do these even do anything in you opinions?

4.10 gears..$20? Not sure if I would get these as a new set seam affordable.

What do yall think, do I have a good deal here or should I save my money?
Old 03-03-2014, 02:14 PM
02WhiteGTVert
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by shinerttu
Gents,

As I always do I check the local craigslist for some goodies because you never know what you can find. Today I came across on ad selling:

FRRP Shorty Headers - (Wants $100)
Steeda Underdrive Pulleys - ($50)
4.10 gears - ($20)

The pictures all look pretty good. I was thinking about low balling him for the set maybe $100???

I know FRRP shortys dont have good praise but if I got them for like $60 would you guys think this is a good deal? Is install a PIA?

Steed pulleys, same question what do yall think is this a good deal? Do these even do anything in you opinions?

4.10 gears..$20? Not sure if I would get these as a new set seam affordable.

What do yall think, do I have a good deal here or should I save my money?

$60 bucks seems cheap enough for the headers. Not sure about how bad the install is...Hope it's easier than the 2V new edge cars!

Never been a fan of underdrives...never seen any real proof of gains on them..I know on my old Cobra underdrives were a nightmare with the charging and cooling system.

$20 for a set of gears is cheap enough. Just make sure they're not marred up or anything.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:19 PM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

I never trust CL... just like never trust a fart
Old 03-04-2014, 12:53 AM
02WhiteGTVert
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dlazrael
I never trust CL... just like never trust a fart

Blasphemy! Craigslist is nothing but honest people. I'll bet $10 on it. and if I lose...i'll pay you
$2,000 in the form of a cashiers check...you just cash it and keep $100 extra for your troubles...then send me back the rest via Western Union! Lol.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:46 AM
shinerttu
2nd Gear Member

Lmao!!
Old 03-04-2014, 05:52 AM
ghunt
3rd Gear Member

Installing headers is a pretty big job...and I honestly wouldn't want to do it unless I was installing longtubes.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:55 AM
shinerttu
2nd Gear Member

yea to be honest I didn't even consider installing headers because I assumed I would have to pull the engine some. When I read the directions it didn't say anythign about that so I thought maybe I can do this...

Also, when I saw the pic of the FRRP headers I thought noway are those even headers. I had to google them to confirm yep, those ugly lil things are FRRP. I am sure it would make a decent sound upgrade. so if I thought I could do an install alone in a day I might be tempted.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:24 AM
ghunt
3rd Gear Member

You could possibly do it in a day. But, it involves raising the car high enough to work under it (i.e. a couple feet at least), and removing the battery, tray, airbox (or CAI), starter, steering shaft, motor mounts, and dipstick, and raise the engine a bit. Then you have to remove all the old stuff, install the new stuff, and put it all back together.

It would be a long day at the very least, I allowed myself awhile to do it but also wasn't driving the car at the time, so I could work on it here and there until it was done. I spent more than a day's worth of hours on it though.

That's why everyone says you might as well do longtubes though...shorties haven't really been shown to increase power and you have to do the same amount of work.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:43 PM
lindertw

when I bought my '05 GT a couple of years back the original owner had already installed FRPP ceramic coated shorty headers and FRPP GTA mufflers. I really like the sound (stock h-pipe and cats remain).
, and

If the gears are used I would probably pass - they can be noisy when new, and if they weren't set up properly they will probably be very noisy in your rear end.

Last edited by lindertw; 06-29-2014 at 05:50 PM.