Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

help i need advice about A 2008 gt deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 09:02 AM
judomaster20

Default help i need advice about A 2008 gt deluxe

So I bought a mustang the dealership said it was stock but it has a Roush racing short shift and a big k&n cold air intake it also says reed speed on the side of it? I don't know much about cars but its only getting 6-9 mpg so I know it can't be stock does anyone know about reed speed or what it means? And how can I find out about what's done to the car without paying a mechanic?
Old 09-09-2014, 09:27 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

I would start by googleing reed speed to see what they alter. and go from there
Old 09-09-2014, 09:50 AM
judomaster20

I did that but they're know for there 700hp twin turbo mustang its just a car dealership I guess they tune cars too but google wasn't helpful I figured some mustang lover might know what they specialize in.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:00 AM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Id probably just give them a call. I would guess that, like most other custom companies, they probably keep a list of cars by VIN that they have worked on.
If you are only getting 6 mpg, something is definitely wrong. I would be concerned about driving the car until you get it sorted out.
Did you buy this from a Ford dealer? They should be helping you out here. If you can find out for sure that the car is stock, you could remove the K and N and reflash the PCM. Because I'm guessing it's a tune problem.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:29 AM
waykooljr
3rd Gear Member

As for the low MPG, if the car is running ok, the first thing I'd check is tire pressure.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:41 AM
judomaster20

I bought it from a Nissan dealer which I assumed is why they didn't know anything about the car. And it has so much power like if I floor it lifts up a little and it burns out the tire until 50 if I push the gas to hard. Like I said I don't know much about cars and engines I just love the mustang look in style. I came here just to get some ideas before I start paying people to look at it.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:04 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

It doesn't look like reed speed modded mustangs prior to 2010. But they are located in Garland, TX so if you are close to that area maybe swing by and ask them if they have any idea about the car.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:06 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Reed Speed is located at 3601 S. Shiloh Rd., Garland, TX 75041.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:14 PM
cema93
2nd Gear Member

what if u just take a couple photos for us and let us look. we may see something u missed. engine bay and suspension and what not. did u check the glove box for any papers? console? google the VIN. thats how i found the previous owner who modded out my car by some long shot chance.

but ya reed speed should have documentation on it. try reseting the MPG gauge thing and see if it reads higher. it may just have been idling a lot or driving around the dealer lot and averaged a real low mpg. Maybe

is the exhaust fairly "steady" or real choppy?
Old 09-09-2014, 01:36 PM
judomaster20

I may do that if I have a chance. And it didn't have any papers or anything it had a car fax but thats it. Il take some pics idk how to upload them on a mobile phone. But if I get a chance Il get on a computer. And idk what you mean about the exhaust its loud as **** he did change the mid pipe and stuff thats what my friend said.

Quick Reply: help i need advice about A 2008 gt deluxe