Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Need advice on spark plug removal in an 07 GT

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 12:32 PM
BrianK
2nd Gear Member

I installed Champions too. I verified the gap prior to install in case it wasn't right. No codes or other issues in 2 years since I did this so I'll vote for the Champions - I really like not having a 2 piece plug anymore.

I was also concerned about the left over pieces dropping into the cylinder too . I was planning to use a small plastic hose connected to the shop-vac to suck stuff out if I did break one and something dropped in. I would have also tried blowing out the cylinder the same plastic hose connected to an air compressor and twisting the hose around inside the cylinder. I guess you could get one of those video probes too to have a look if you really think something is missing from your removed tip.

Fortunately none broke. The sooner you replace - the better IMO. It took some intestinal fortitude to break the first one loose, but I followed the TSB and let the PB Blaster soak overnight - if a 1 hour soak is good , more just has to be better. Worked for me fortunately.
Good ole Ford - design a flaw into something and make consumers pay for fixing it.