Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

75k miles, no major services yet. Should I get some done?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 06:37 AM
burttrans
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jz
Been using Sta-bil religously for years. Especially with the introduction of Ethanol. Great stuff! I will never be without a bottly on my shelf in the garage.
What is the shelf life for Sta-bil? I have had some on shelf for 5 years or so that I did not use and I was afraid to use it this fall. I think I should throw it out?
Old 01-09-2015, 12:59 PM
STA-BILŽ
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jz
Been using Sta-bil religously for years. Especially with the introduction of Ethanol. Great stuff! I will never be without a bottly on my shelf in the garage.
jz,

Glad that you have had success using STA-BILŽ! As I'm sure you've noticed we have reformulated our traditional STA-BILŽ Product and developed many more over the last several years to help deal with ethanol related issues.

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you ever have questions about STA-BILŽ or any other products we make!

Originally Posted by burttrans
What is the shelf life for Sta-bil? I have had some on shelf for 5 years or so that I did not use and I was afraid to use it this fall. I think I should throw it out?
Unopened, STA-BILŽ has an indefinite shelf life. Once the product has been opened, we suggest using it within two years. In reality, as long as there is no sediment in the bottle, the product is safe to use.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.