Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Oil in the cold air tube

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 07:01 PM
hotrodjohn71

Thanks,
I talked with Bryan at UPR and just sent an email.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:12 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by hotrodjohn71
Thanks,
I talked with Bryan at UPR and just sent an email.
Perfect!
Old 10-27-2014, 12:01 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

I have the same setup as you. I have run steeda and jlt catch cans and never had any oil in my cai tube. I had the tube off this weekend too. Clean as a whistle. The catch can collects spoons of oil.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:24 AM
hotrodjohn71

Thank you.
That sounds promising. Is there a way I can share some photos without them having to be from a URL?
Old 10-30-2014, 11:58 AM
hotrodjohn71

Well, I haven't heard anything back from UPR,
808, is your catch can the same style as the one I posted the photo of? And is it on the line between the drivers side valve cover and the manifold?
I have noticed that the style I have seems to have a very small partition and minimal metal fabric media.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:50 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Well, I haven't heard anything back from UPR,
808, is your catch can the same style as the one I posted the photo of? And is it on the line between the drivers side valve cover and the manifold?
I have noticed that the style I have seems to have a very small partition and minimal metal fabric media.
I emailed you multiple times, including yesterday from the shop. You said "Sorry, I just got back from doing chores so I didn't see this email until now." Now you make it sound like we're blowing you off??

I even snapped a pic of a can for you which isn't even in production yet...
Old 10-31-2014, 10:55 AM
hotrodjohn71

UPR,
I have notnrecieved any messages.
I dont know who it is that you contacted but it was not me. This is what I know. I saw your post above where you posted your phone # and said for me to call and you would help straighten this out. I did that the next day.
I talked to someone at your shop named Bryan. Do you know someone named Bryan? he said he knew you and that you go on foru,s and check out issues with your product and he told me to send him an email to the address he gave me and include some photos which I did. Did you get the email? Not only was my email address attached to that email, but I also included my phone #.
As far ac someone dooing chores or whatever, I have to tell you I dont have the slightest idea what you are talking about. Im just here to tty to get some advide from members about why this catch can does notseem to be catching the oil. I you can help contribute to that question, I would appreciate it.

Thank you
Old 10-31-2014, 11:06 AM
hotrodjohn71

UPR,
Corrected for spelling errors
I have not received any messages from you or anyone from PRR. The only person I have talked to is someone named Bryan when I was asked to email him which I did.
I dont know who it is that you contacted but it was not me. And I apologize if my comment that "I have not heard from you" has rubbed you the wrong way but it is a fact, I have not heard from you- Nothing more insinuated.
This is what I know. I saw your post above where you posted your phone # and said for me to call and you would help straighten this out. I did that the next day.
I talked to someone at your shop named Bryan. Do you know someone named Bryan? he said he knew you and that you go on forums sometimes and check out issues with your product and he told me to send him an email to the address he gave me and include some photos which I did. I sent 5 photos. Did you get the email? Not only was my email address attached to that email, but I also included my phone #.
As far as someone dooing chores or whatever, I have to tell you I dont have the slightest idea what you are talking about. Im just here trying to get some advide from members about why this catch can does not seem to be catching the oil. If you can help contribute to that question, I would appreciate it. ........

Thank you
Old 10-31-2014, 10:23 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Interesting. Bryan is our Sales Manager. He is the best source for information on our products because he works in the office (I don't) so he can grab parts off the shelf at will and email you pics.

I have to rely on our website for photos because I'm only in the office once a week. Here is our latest can. It is listed here as an EcoBoost application, but we do make it for Mustangs as well. It is extremely effective at trapping oil vapor. There are internal pics on this link:

http://www.uprproducts.com/ford-f150...oboost-11.html

Last edited by UPRSharad; 10-31-2014 at 10:26 PM.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:16 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Yes, drivers side cam cover to rear of blower. Here is a pic. Its a JLT which I cut in line with the stock Roush hose that came with the m90 kit. JLT can is located under the strut tower brace near the brake fluid tank. Its silver.
Attached Thumbnails Oil in the cold air tube-img_20141025_115042697_hdr.jpg