Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Upgrade suggestions

Old 12-06-2014, 12:54 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jz
I agree with staying wity your existing engine and upgrading that. You could be opening a can of worms doing an engine swap to what you believe is a better engine. It will be extra costly having a shop do the work for you. There are plenty of upgrades for the 3v 4.6.

I could see swapping to a coyote if you were driving a fox body, then the difference in engines justifies the work of putting a new different engine into the car.
He may save a little bit by using his own short block, replacing the internals and using it instead of buying a new block.

I do not think I would buy a long block and put it in unless my motor was toasted, including damaged heads and such. Just not worth it IMO.
Old 12-06-2014, 09:51 AM
Nelson5900

Originally Posted by cruisin5268d
This is a silly thread, and makes me laugh. High school kid pulling out a perfectly good motor just to put in an aluminator? Right.

IF you actually do this, I hope you have your life insurance paid up. No high school kid should have that much power - especially one with judgment that is so skewed.

What gives you the right to judge? I earned my money. And i earn a lot because of all those nights i stayed up researching instead of going to parties. I ask for people opinions and i respect them. Its my money and i can use it however i want. No one can tell me how much power i want. Thanks to everyone else, will be looking into more shops around my area and if i dont see any good ones around i will go ahead and look farthure. I guess paying the 4k for the engine upgrade would be good.
Old 12-07-2014, 02:31 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

You might wanna check out brenspeed. They are located in Indiana. They are mustang specific shop but they dabble in other things a bit as well. They built my motor this past winter and did a great job. I have about 10k in mine. I went above and beyond with mine such as billet gears for the oil pump and other things I wanted done.

Really 12k isn't much when you start throwing around the idea of a built motor and superchargers.

I would also tell ya that brenspeed has a guest house you can stay in for free when someone is out of state like that. Nice place too.