Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Traction Control Issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 06:25 PM
Paratrooper34

Default Traction Control Issue

Hello All,

I commented on an earlier thread that I thought my traction control was not working on my 2005 GT after installing a Bama tune. The first time I questioned this, I made a spirited launch and thought I experienced some wheel spin. I confirmed this last week when I dropped off the car to have the convertible top replaced. I turned around in a snowy parking lot and did a donut. The traction control button was NOT turned off and I was able to spin the car around pretty easily. I don't understand why the traction control is disabled. The tune I am using is 93P. I did not select any option to turn it off. Does that tune disable the traction control? If so, I want it back, how do I do that?

Thanks in advance,

Mike
Old 02-22-2015, 06:54 PM
JimC

If TCS is turned off, even by the tune, your dash light would be lit indicating it is off.

Put your car back to the stock tune and try it again.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:39 AM
jpplaw
3rd Gear Member

Para,
You probably do not have a dashlight that indicates it is off like JimC says, I don't have one on my 09. A snow donut isnt a real good test, try to do a burnout on dry pavement and see what happens - if it seems like there is no power and you get the TC warning light (squiggly lines), then the tune does not have it turned off.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:38 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Paratrooper34
Hello All,

I commented on an earlier thread that I thought my traction control was not working on my 2005 GT after installing a Bama tune. The first time I questioned this, I made a spirited launch and thought I experienced some wheel spin. I confirmed this last week when I dropped off the car to have the convertible top replaced. I turned around in a snowy parking lot and did a donut. The traction control button was NOT turned off and I was able to spin the car around pretty easily. I don't understand why the traction control is disabled. The tune I am using is 93P. I did not select any option to turn it off. Does that tune disable the traction control? If so, I want it back, how do I do that?

Thanks in advance,

Mike
Originally Posted by JimC
If TCS is turned off, even by the tune, your dash light would be lit indicating it is off.

Put your car back to the stock tune and try it again.
Originally Posted by jpplaw
Para,
You probably do not have a dashlight that indicates it is off like JimC says, I don't have one on my 09. A snow donut isnt a real good test, try to do a burnout on dry pavement and see what happens - if it seems like there is no power and you get the TC warning light (squiggly lines), then the tune does not have it turned off.
Hey Para - Sorry to hear about the trouble here but I think Jim and Jpplaw might be onto something here! If you're able to get to a safe place to test this out I would find a dry patch and lay some rubber down. Rupping a quick donut wont necessarily tell you if the traction control is on or off. Bama's tunes will also not turn off the traction control unless you're to specifically request it as well!

Can you please shoot me a PM with your order/tune number so I can speak with Bama? I'm interested to see what's on your tune sheet when they had this created. The only other instance/exception where they'll have the traction control turned off is if you were running their nitrous tunes where most of the time they'll have it disabled.

Let me know and I'll see what I can dig up for you on their end and let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime and I'm here to help!

Alex
Old 02-23-2015, 08:48 AM
bl817
3rd Gear Member

on the 05 gt, if you turn off the tcs via tuner then a message comes up on the speedo that says such and needs a press of the reset button to clear it.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:54 PM
Paratrooper34

Thanks everyone for the advice. Interestingly enough, I found out the other day that the traction control is definitely working. I went to pick up the car and found it was a little snowed in after being plowed around from this weekend's snow storm. It was somewhat stuck when I tried to move it and the traction control engaged when it became stuck. It also showed a traction control message in the display where the odometer is. So it does indeed work. Jpplaw, I think you are right that the donut was not a good indicator. And the traction control helped me to get unstuck from the snow.