Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

05 stag, best bang for the buck preformance mods

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 10:19 PM
sijaka

Default 05 stag, best bang for the buck preformance mods

Hi everyone.
I recently purchased a 05 mustang with a few mods on, but as always, I want more power :-D
The car is equiped with a c&l cai, bbk short headers and magnaflow muffler for now.

Living in Norway makes mods that enhance preformance is a little tricky. It's okay with mods that's not visible or are easy to remove for a inspection by a workshop every second year as demanded by the Norwegian road authorities.

I've considered new cams, throttlebody and intakemanifoild, but there has been some bad rewiews so i don't know.
I've also considered supercharging, so i downloaded the instructionmanual to one of edelbrocks e-force chargers but it required modification on multiple components.

So I want to hear your sugestions on what mods you recomend that are not to hard to revert every 2 years :-)

Also i should mention the car has an auto transmission, 16k miles.
Budget: around 8k USD
Old 08-23-2016, 05:36 AM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

Maybe this will help you decide:

http://www.angelfire.com/my/fan/Must...7_Bolt_Ons.htm
Old 08-23-2016, 06:40 PM
sijaka

Thanks for the link Dino :-) this just concludes that I'll leave it like it is for now.
I saw something about gearing in the diff. What's the recomended gearing ratio for an automatic vs. The stock gearing?
How does one calibrate the spedometer after such an upgrade and does anyone have the a link to a good kit?

I've considered the 2.6l S.C. from kenne bell, so i emailed them with a request for the insalation manual so I can evaluate how much work/mods that will be needed for installation / dismanteling.
Maby I'll ordet it when the usd does fall a little bit during the presidental election.