Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Hesitation from 2500 to 3200 light throttle tune issue?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 10:44 PM
01MGGT
4th Gear Member

Default Hesitation from 2500 to 3200 light throttle tune issue?

So I have a 2010 GT with 85k on the clock. Only engine mods are FRPP exhaust and previous owner stated it was tuned for 93 octane by the guy who owned it before him. No tuner was included with the car and I have no idea who tuned or with what. If I reset the ecu and do full throttle relearn, I even slowly press throttle to give it a chance to relearn that, everything runs perfect for a couple of weeks.

After a couple of weeks the idle starts to have a slight up and down to it but nothing dramatic just no longer holds steady for long. When driving in the 2500- about 3200 range on highways or even cruising light to medium throttle it has a hesitation almost like a stumble. Getting on it hard you can still kind of feel it till you really start to ring it out. As soon as I reset ecu it is fine. Is this an adaptive learning issue related to the tune or what? I get zero codes and I have cleaned the MAF.