Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

2007 GT headers

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 06:49 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dino Dino Bambino
I wonder how much it would cost to get the Mexican-made headers over Trump's new great wall?
The problem with "the great wall" is that the contractors will be paid by the government... and also by the cartels, so while they are building the foundation of the wall, they will also be building the tunnels under the wall, so the question is which will be cheaper, to pay the cartels to get them under the wall, or pay the tax to get them through a checkpoint. I suspect that even with a 30% border tax, the "Hecho en Mexico" stuff will intitially be cheaper than "made in USA" stuff... until the factories and robots are in full operation.

but6 to the OP, the downpipe/midpipe can be fabricated easily, so if labor is inexpensive enough, go for it.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:25 PM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

What pisses me off is that our headers are more money than the exact headers for older Mustangs. That's just price gouging. Makes me want to wait until the car is 40 years old and get a set for cheap
Old 02-21-2017, 06:58 AM
ghunt
3rd Gear Member

I've noticed that, but I figure it's one of two reasons, 1) a lot of times those older ones are just painted steel headers and not stainless like a lot of the newer ones are, and 2) obviously that is a much older, larger, more established market.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:49 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

A non cat midpipe is pretty inexpensive. I got the 1 7/8 American racing headers and their mid pipe. I think I paid $1500. High quality, proper fitment no leaks.
Old 02-23-2017, 10:47 AM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

The Pypes and pacesetter are made overseas right? I can't see them selling for those prices using US labor.
Old 02-23-2017, 01:21 PM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by flash_xx
The Pypes and pacesetter are made overseas right? I can't see them selling for those prices using US labor.
Τhe Pypes is the Chinese knockoff version of the Kooks and you know how much more expensive is the latter. Need I say more?