Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Nitrous on stock 4.6L engine

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 04:10 PM
devins160

Default Nitrous on stock 4.6L engine

Hi,
Im new to this forum and was just looking for some insight on the maximum safe amount of nitrous I could spray with stock internals without breaking anything. I was told I could do 100 shot no problem but would that honestly give me noticeable gains? Also what other upgrades would be recommended to go along with the nitrous besides upgraded spark plugs and fuel pump?
Old 02-09-2017, 06:58 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Im not a nitrous guy but you should talk to reputable shop about it. I believe this forum has some threads containing the info you are looking for.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:32 PM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

It's all in the tune and the fuel you use. I know for forced induction the limit is 450 to 500 HP. The thing with Nitrous is how hard it hits, maybe with a progressive kit you could go higher than just bumping a 150HP shot all at once.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:58 PM
devins160

Thanks for the input guys I appreciate it I've done some digging and found that a good tune and wet nitrous kit would be the way to go seeing as the wet nitrous kit doesn't have as many variables that come into play as a dry nitrous kit would. I'll definitely hit up a good shop for further input as the best means to install a nitrous kit on my stock engine.