Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

05/06 Mustang Supercharger Tech

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 07:28 AM
Invective

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 808muscle
Roush blower kits are awesome on your year. I have installed several of them. On some websites like AM it will say the roush 2300 kit is for manuals only. That is NOT true. Its the same kit for auto or manual..you just need to get tune somewhere else as Roush does not offer a tune for the auto for that kit.
Thanks for the heads up. I will most likely consult with Tindol Ford (Roush) of Gastonia, NC when I go there for the airbag recall. The guy who operates the local shop I use was a long time Tindol tech. Good shop but most of his guys barely speak english and seems to have a higher than normal turnover.

I recall the Roush project 1997 Mustang GT Car and Driver magazine tinkered with a ways back. The Roush shop in Michigan fouled up the installations and 'corrections' to the point the mag people had to put the project on hold until the shop got its act together. Turns out the shop was letting people with little training/experience turn the wrenches. The story was Mr. Roush personally 'cleaned house' and the project car went forward with no more issues.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:07 AM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

I don't think you will be disappointed with Roush. Love mine. Instant power, easy install, good looks, no maintence, etc. with 4.10s I've had my car to 175 mph, and I think it will still do 11s with slicks. So that tells you a little about the power. I added a VMP tune, can say enough about those guys either.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:40 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

Am I the only one who hasn't gone F/I with my 2006!?

Still haven't seen anyone talking about the newer Brenspeed Throwback kits.

http://www.brenspeed.com/v3vortech.html

http://www.brenspeed.com/fbpaxton.html

Anyone have any experience with either of these?
Old 05-24-2017, 05:04 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

Default Finally pulled the trigger at 50k!

well I pulled the trigger and bought the Paxton 2200SL package from Brenspeed. Install was a little tough with the number of changes you have to make including re running coolant lines, grinding parts down, splicing into your MAF (If you don't buy a wiring harness extender)

She starts, she runs, but I'm still working out a few bugs. From what I've read on forums, the orange wrench light has come on and the car has shut down for a few people running this package, including myself. Usually when letting off after making boost. I'm hoping by adjusting the MAF, my problems will subside.

Pics attached!

Old 05-26-2017, 05:41 AM
Invective

Please keep the forum informed as this is how we continue to move forward. Good looking car BTW. My car has yet to turn 25k miles; 3yo Motorcraft battery failed prematurely a few months back; no other issues. My 'wish list' has been put on hold for the moment due to persuance of a medical retirement.
Old 05-26-2017, 06:01 AM
Invective

Originally Posted by CPTCO
I don't think you will be disappointed with Roush. Love mine. Instant power, easy install, good looks, no maintence, etc. with 4.10s I've had my car to 175 mph, and I think it will still do 11s with slicks. So that tells you a little about the power. I added a VMP tune, can say enough about those guys either.
Did you do your own work or someone else? Which transmission does your car have? I won't be racing mine so I think 3:55 gears are suitable, along with a girdle cover and aluminum driveshaft, similar to what I did on my previous '98. Money is the big issue at the moment although everything I own is paid for.
Old 07-06-2017, 07:19 AM
teedub
1st Gear Member

I have a 2006 with a Whipple I installed in 2008. When I installed it I upgraded to the Thumper tensioner pulley. I have had a recurring problem with my serpentine belt for quite a while. When I install a new one there are no issues but after about a month at start up there is a faint squeak. Gradually the squeak gets worse and worse and continues while running, getting louder under acceleration. The belt itself shows no signs of damage or wear. I have had the alignments of the pulleys checked and everything seems to be in tolerance. I have even changed the tensioner to a GT500 one. Also when the motor reaches operating temp the squeak lessens but does not go away completely and during a hot start up there is almost no squeak. Help!

Thanks in advance
Old 07-07-2017, 08:34 AM
Invective

Default Squeaky Squeak

I have no experience with supercharger pulleys but do have some experience with squeaky belts and tensioners. Many years ago, my wife and I owned a Dodge Lancer with the 2.2L motor. I bought the factory shop manual and read ALL of the service bulletins and tips as the dealer(s) didn't have a clue unfortunately.

The car had one belt that ran everything as I recall, along with a manually adjustable tensioner. Dodge called for the tensioner to be set at so many foot pounds of torque. When set at that figure it was quiet, otherwise it was a squeaker.

A very decent car once I learned how it worked but felt sorry for those who relied on the dealers/shops who didn't have a clue. I'm sure many were traded early and may have met an early demise.

Originally Posted by teedub
I have a 2006 with a Whipple I installed in 2008. When I installed it I upgraded to the Thumper tensioner pulley. I have had a recurring problem with my serpentine belt for quite a while. When I install a new one there are no issues but after about a month at start up there is a faint squeak. Gradually the squeak gets worse and worse and continues while running, getting louder under acceleration. The belt itself shows no signs of damage or wear. I have had the alignments of the pulleys checked and everything seems to be in tolerance. I have even changed the tensioner to a GT500 one. Also when the motor reaches operating temp the squeak lessens but does not go away completely and during a hot start up there is almost no squeak. Help!

Thanks in advance
Old 07-07-2017, 12:40 PM
ericwudi0830

Originally Posted by 06stangGT

]
nice night pic. photoshopped?
Old 07-08-2017, 08:15 AM
dolint95
1st Gear Member

Default Squeaky Belt Resolution

Originally Posted by teedub

Thanks in advance
Sounds like you have a bad pulley! Under normal circumstances I would have suggested to check your belt size, when you install supercharger kits they are build for a very specific application....if you have a slightly different crank pulley you would need a different belt size than the one included with the supercharger kit. After reading that the noise goes away when you install new belt and slowly comes back, that's indicating to me a bad pulley. When you put a new belt on, the tensions are at all time high levels, which could be enough pressure to stop the pulley from squeaking.....once the belt breaks in, the tensions become lesser, thus creating more "wiggle room" for the bad pulley to start making noise again. Hope this helps.....

Quick Reply: 05/06 Mustang Supercharger Tech