Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Transmissions: Manual & Auto Tech

Old 02-22-2007, 02:36 AM
Mustangansta
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Transmissions: Manual & Auto Tech

a couple quick questions for a clueless 06 auto v8 guy

- do i really need a trans brake to drag race -

- can someone give a quick explaination regarding changing the torque converter - and expecially the cost of doing so -

- and will i have to retune to do so - runing SCT tune now -

Old 04-22-2007, 02:35 AM
roadwarror180

what other transmissoin will fit in a 05 other than the tr3650
Old 05-24-2007, 03:22 AM
5.0 beast

[align=left]hey everyone im new, i got a ? i'm wondering if a93 cobra tranny can fit in a 88 gt w/o changing the rear end?

[/align]
Old 06-24-2007, 12:51 AM
stangoil
2nd Gear Member

mytransmission on the floor andI twistered the input shaft.
any thoughts to an after market automatic transmission sealed peice of crap not fixable unless I send it to ford red flags will go up after that

Old 07-08-2007, 06:56 PM
TRIGGER1980

Hi all,

Car: 2005, Mustang GT, AUTO, Supercharger (Procharger D1SC) Approx 550hp

I was driving normally down the Rd the other day and i heard a bang from under the car. All of a sudden when i put the accelerator down nothing happened.. I pulled over and dried to put it in reverse and drive, then 1st but it just revs in each gear and does not move.. I cant take the car to a shop till tomorrow so wont be then till ford open her up.. I had her on a ramp and there does not appear to be any visible damage to anything, which would point towards the transmission.. I asked a few people there thoughts and they said the transmission has probably gone and i will have to replace it.. Ouch!!!

My ford will only replace it with a stock transmission, but as for as i can see, the stock transmission will only break again in time. What do u guys advise i do? I live in Dubai, UAE, Middle east and i don’t get the best advice out here and really rely on forums like this to keep my educated...

Where can i get a strengthened/ upgraded transmission? How much?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and advice.

Mark
Old 07-18-2007, 08:38 AM
Rustan

Trigger, I would bet your tranny itself is fine and you just twisted off your input shaft. I know a guy with a supercharged 06 that had the exact same thing happen to him between like 4-5 shift. Said he heard a bang and lost power. Unfortunately I don't think theymake a stronger piece yet.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:20 AM
clix813
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rustan

Trigger, I would bet your tranny itself is fine and you just twisted off your input shaft. I know a guy with a supercharged 06 that had the exact same thing happen to him between like 4-5 shift. Said he heard a bang and lost power. Unfortunately I don't think theymake a stronger piece yet.
there is a kit that replaces the auto trany with the 4R70W which is a much stronger tranny. i just saw a write up on it in the new modified mustangs mag.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:07 PM
Ralphnet

Hi, I have a 2006 Mustang automatic V8 It snaps into reverse and it moves forward like it's in third gear. It did have some damage to the right frtnt in a crash. It only has 14,000 miles on it. Any answers? Thanhs Ralph
Old 08-03-2007, 11:38 AM
mcburns36
2nd Gear Member

Has anybody tried thePA Trans Deep Transmission Pan with filler tube ? I really hate the idea of not being able to check my auto trans oil on a regular basis.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:04 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I'm running the PA deep transmission pan. So are a few others, works fine...only draw back is it sits so low, that even un lowered, I still scrape it on speed bumps.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Transmissions: Manual & Auto Tech