Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

05 -07 GT Exhaust Systems

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 09:07 PM
rogers

Default RE: 05 -07 GT Exhaust Systems

I have a pipes x-pipe with stock mid-pipes and pipes muffler deletes. I have the whole pipes mid-muffler system but decided not to use the straight through design due to liking the rumble of the no muffler setup. Is this a good setup to have? I'm looking to get the best low end torque I can get for what I have. Would it be better to go with the mid-mufflers or stock mufflers to get that better torque? What about this backpressure issue? Is it really good to have some backpressure for low end torque? Do sraight through mufflers have some backpressure? I'm also experiencing a slight nudge at exactly 3,000rpm at while moving and slightly pressing down the gas. Doesn't happen a medium throttle or wide open. Happens at 3,000rpm everytime moving slowly in first gear. Is this normal? Could be or just paranoidof all this about no backpressure and how some say it can damage your valves and other things. Mustang Gt 2008 isnew and less than 2 months old. Could I have damage something so far? Sorry about all the questions, just trying to get everything in. Thanks![&o]
Old 07-21-2008, 10:05 AM
ROCKET32

Default RE: 05 -07 GT Exhaust Systems

I have the Pypes muffler delete and just bought the Bassani high flo catted x-pipe last week and installed it Friday. It sounds awesome imo. If you do not like a little rasp though do not go with this set up. It is a lot louder than I expected.

It also tricks you a bit...Just after I cranked it up the first time, when it was idling, it did not sound that much louder. But when you start accelerating down the road with it, wow!

Also, very easy to install. I did not put in on, my dad actually did for me, but he said it was the easiest to install exhaust I have ever bought, that is after about ten or so exhaust changes on other cars.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:16 PM
jimreinarts
2nd Gear Member

Default slp

slp loud mouth if your only doing axleback, anything else is a waste of time, they have a good low sound when started up , quiet on the highway when you want them to be and a great bark when into the throttle. also no drone whatsoever. there awsome without any other exhaust mods. trust me even borla stingers are just a little louder than stock.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:43 PM
Twiztga
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jimreinarts
slp loud mouth if your only doing axleback, anything else is a waste of time, they have a good low sound when started up , quiet on the highway when you want them to be and a great bark when into the throttle. also no drone whatsoever. there awsome without any other exhaust mods. trust me even borla stingers are just a little louder than stock.
I'm going to have to disagree that Borla Stingers are only a little louder than stock.. I'll give you that they drone a bit at times... but they are extremely loud compared to stock.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:59 PM
Twiztga
2nd Gear Member

**dbl post**

Last edited by Twiztga; 08-14-2008 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Oops posted twice.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:55 PM
jlmphillips

Well, I decided to stick with NA rather than FI and ordered Kooks LT headers, 1 5/8", with a high-flow catted H-pipe. I also ordered prothane motor mounts. My local Ford dealer installed everything for me at a cost of $520. I told them to take their time so they kept the car for a week. While driving the car home from the dealer tonight it seemed to vibrate more than usual, while rolling up the driveway, and the Hurst shifter had a slight rattle to it. Is this to be expected with the additional power. And, by the way, the car has a noticeable increase in get up and go.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:17 PM
STANMAN
4th Gear Member

Stock everything with SLP loudmouths-sounded AWESOME
Add long tube headers, catted H pipe-sounded like poo (overly loud, LOTS OF DRONE)
Switch to Pypes Violators with above mods-sounded AWESOME again
Added Saleen S/C to above-sounds AWESOME

Those are the only combos I have ran, hope I help someone!!
Old 08-21-2008, 08:23 PM
CaliforniaSpecial631
1st Gear Member

anyone heard of valve issues w/ slp loudmouths?
Old 08-27-2008, 02:56 PM
JiTimmy

I am new to all of this - and just purchased a 08 GT Mustang a few months ago. I have a K&N Cold Air Kit, and SCT Tuner - i have noticed a pretty nice increase in performance. My question is, would changing exhaust and/or headers increase power or performance? I don't care much about the sound aspect.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:48 PM
josephspann
1st Gear Member

Basically to me exhaust is all preference. Like its been said before, any top brands will be good. I personally have a bassani catted x (about to switch to o/r h) and bassani race mufflers. I love them and all my friends do too. I took it to the shop recently because of a flat from all the stuff in the road from hurricane gustav and the guys there(hardcore chevy fans) told me they have never liked the sound of the gt's theyve seen around town but they really liked mine. The only reason im switching to o/r h is i want it really loud but I dont want the "trumpeting" of an o/r x pipe. I would say my second favorites are Boomtubes and Loudmouths.

Quick Reply: 05 -07 GT Exhaust Systems