4 Cylinder General Discussion For non tech 4 Cylinder owner chit chat

Project "Frankenstang" 56 K warning.

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 09:15 PM
sleeper_inc
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Project "Frankenstang" 56 K warning.

NICE!!!!!!!!!! good luck and don't skimp on the pictures
Old 07-17-2008, 11:49 PM
KFC
1st Gear Member

yea keep up with the photos, it's an interesting project.

You could ask a mod to move or split this thread to the v6 section...I don't think the 4cyl guys are as stuffy about V6 topics in their section as the V8 guys.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:16 AM
mg man 75
5th Gear Member

Moderator move to 2.3 "chit chat" section. I have one the v-6 section. I will be adding about the conversion to 4 eye and 5 lug change and more. Maybe of interest to the everyone in this section. Your choice of what to do. Thanks Maurice
Old 07-18-2008, 03:57 PM
Mthd11
3rd Gear Member

looks good mg..
Old 07-20-2008, 12:16 PM
mg man 75
5th Gear Member

Done a little more j-yard searching this week. Got a back glass assembly 2 taillights and a fuse door [for the 89t it keeps falling off] for 75 dollars. Well went Saturday and starting removing the motor. J-yard would have removed it but they cut everything [wiring, ac, power steering etc. Got it unwiried and unplumbed. Now has to be pulled. Or should I say dropped. Found out he said easier to drop crossmember out bottom and remove motor. He is also pulling me a 3.0 automatic. Motor includes all accessoried. Alternator, power steering, maf etc. motor and trans for 600. I think reasonable. Found out will need longer AC lines. Compressor will be on driver side at the bottom. Also power steering pump on passager side. No way to sway. Custom brackets. And I am not going to try to make any at the rpms this motor can turn. Talked to local mustang guy. Getting a 5 lug rear axles and his old v-6 mustang exhaust for free. So maybe all will work out. Always check my photobucket it has more photos. Not going to slow this post down to slow for people on dialup. Thanks.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:22 PM
dreamer1uk
3rd Gear Member

Nice project man. I love the look of the 4 eyed stangs. Keep the pictures coming!
Old 07-26-2008, 12:08 PM
mg man 75
5th Gear Member

Well still waiting for them to pull the motor. They have been busy and me waiting a little is saving me a little money. He appreciates it alot. Hint will make more parts cheaper. Well decided to clean up under hood. First rerun the vent line from gas tank to area under fender instead of in engine compartment. Also rerun the wiring on driver side to same area. Planning on retaping the wiring protecting. It will be above fender liner. Also ran the hood release cable in same area. Will finalize the wiring location soon as find out about one connection and sit motor in and see what I can do about that wiring. Alot neater I think.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:53 PM
F1aReD
3rd Gear Member

are you gonna paint the engine bay?
Old 07-26-2008, 10:57 PM
mg man 75
5th Gear Member

I wasn't going to before the wiring idea. But now that more will be exposed. Yes going to paint it. First I am going to clean it with soap and water and see how bad paint is. Looks like rust but is not. Only debate now is whether to weld up all those extra holes.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:01 PM
mg man 75
5th Gear Member

Well got the motor at my house. Fooled with it a little last night to turn intake around. It is going to be interesting. The throttle body has a 3 or 4 hoses going into it. So we shall see. Fuel rail maybe reverseable to put fuel input at drivers rear instead of passenger front. So here is more. This is pictures of actual motor using.
Wiring fun. This will be on passenger side.

This was the firewall side on the SHO.

Needless to say all that wiring will be at the bellhousing end. Big connectioin is for the computer. On the Sho the computer stuck thru the firewall and computer was on the inside, wiring connection was on motor side. Computer will go back where Mustang one was.Turned intake around to start working wiring out. This is roughly it will work will need to lower it quite a bit.

Well got the trans today.

Well link works now.

Quick Reply: Project "Frankenstang" 56 K warning.