4 Cylinder General Discussion For non tech 4 Cylinder owner chit chat

2.3 section is pretty dead. Lets get to know one another

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 08:50 PM
sleeper_inc
6th Gear Member

Default 2.3 section is pretty dead. Lets get to know one another

Since the 2.3 section has died off, this is the chance to get to know one another.

I'm Anthony, 18, I've been working on all sorts of vehicles since I was about 2. I have 3 project vehicles right now.

1988 Mustang, Ex 2.3 N/A now a 2.3 Turbo. Check out the "Project "No Hands"" threads to see it.
1981 Mustang Ex 2.3 N/A (has nothing right now) - Project "Meh..."
1989 ford Ranger STX, 2.9 auto 4x4 - Project "Ranger Rager"

I'm currently attending Siast in Moose Jaw to get my automotive service technician ticket.

If you got any questions regarding the 2.3 N/A or 2.3 turbo or anything to do with a 2.3 mustang/ranger I'll be able to answer your questions or at least point you in the right direction
Old 09-14-2010, 07:54 PM
mg man 75
5th Gear Member

I am still around like said a little dead. I check in every once in awhile. I see got a Ranger now. Maurice
Old 09-15-2010, 08:31 AM
sleeper_inc
6th Gear Member

Heat meter was getting a little high on the sonoma so I had to sell it.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:14 AM
TRBOPWR
4th Gear Member

Seems to go in spurts. Lots of questions......then nothing for a long while. Pretty bad that when I hit "mu" in my search bar it automatically takes me to the OT forums....
Old 09-21-2010, 07:24 PM
Atilla the Fun
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by sleeper_inc
Since the 2.3 section has died off, this is the chance to get to know one another.

I'm Anthony, 18, I've been working on all sorts of vehicles since I was about 2. I have 3 project vehicles right now.

1988 Mustang, Ex 2.3 N/A now a 2.3 Turbo. Check out the "Project "No Hands"" threads to see it.
1981 Mustang Ex 2.3 N/A (has nothing right now) - Project "Meh..."
1989 ford Ranger STX, 2.9 auto 4x4 - Project "Ranger Rager"

I'm currently attending Siast in Moose Jaw to get my automotive service technician ticket.

If you got any questions regarding the 2.3 N/A or 2.3 turbo or anything to do with a 2.3 mustang/ranger I'll be able to answer your questions or at least point you in the right direction
Following your lead, I'm an older enthusiast, and a semi-retired automotive machinist / head porter / engine builder. I'm definitely a GM guy, but my current projects include a Fiero, for which I have 2 cradles, so it's getting 2 drivetrains, until I find another Fiero. One is a boosted 3.8L V6, with a 5-speed, the other is an LS2, with an identical 5-speed. I also have a 300ZX getting a Chevy V8 swap, an S-10 for which I have a Vortec 4.3 but want a '95 LT1, a Trans Am getting an LQ4, and it's also getting a self-designed big brake kit and rear axle upgrade.
I'm just now completing a rear axle upgrade on the '06 GMC Sierra 1500, it's now a full-floater. I'm about to start on a mega hitch for it.

Last edited by Atilla the Fun; 09-21-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:40 PM
Green78II

I'm Mark, 23, I enjoy working on just about anything mechanical. I have one project car, a 78 Mustang II that I'm slowly restoring while using it as a year round daily driver. I used to build mini bikes and go karts with a buddy of mine as a kid, and now I enjoy working on cars as a hobby.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:04 AM
842.3gtturbo

Default new to the forum

hey what up my name is matt im a 22 year old that lives in utah. I recently picked up a 84 gt turbo and am plannin on building it from the ground up cause the guy i bought it from had started stipping it so i figured i didnt want to deal with anything he messed up so id just start over. the problem is im not a car genius i can turn a wrench with the best of them but dont know a whole ton anyone have any starting sugestions like what kind of rods pistons injectors turbo stuff like that i want to really build this car up dont care about budget or time thanks for any ideas
Old 10-04-2010, 11:13 PM
sleeper_inc
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 842.3gtturbo
hey what up my name is matt im a 22 year old that lives in utah. I recently picked up a 84 gt turbo and am plannin on building it from the ground up cause the guy i bought it from had started stipping it so i figured i didnt want to deal with anything he messed up so id just start over. the problem is im not a car genius i can turn a wrench with the best of them but dont know a whole ton anyone have any starting sugestions like what kind of rods pistons injectors turbo stuff like that i want to really build this car up dont care about budget or time thanks for any ideas
If your not shooting for over 400HP then just make sure the engine has good compression, do a seal and shine, and get some port work done to the head/intake/bigger injectors/exhaust manifold/bigger turbo and a good intercooler and that should be all you need for the engine (minus exhaust and fuuel pump, and tuning) but if you want some more help feel free to send me a PM, I'm running loads of aftermarket goodies on mine
Old 10-05-2010, 01:48 AM
842.3gtturbo

Any suggestion on injector, and turbo size I don't have the slightest idea on the injectors and as far as turbo I was considering a t3t4. And can I run my stock ecu with tuning mods? Also would you know a good place to get wiring harnesses? Thanks for any help you can give much appreciated.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:23 PM
sleeper_inc
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 842.3gtturbo
Any suggestion on injector, Depends on mods and what you want from the car. You can get some junk yard 55LB Low impedance injectors off a TBI 5.0? 5.8L ford truck and turbo size Again depends on power, I'm quite happy running with a Holset HY35 turbo but again depends on what you want to do with the car and what your power goals are I don't have the slightest idea on the injectors and as far as turbo I was considering a t3t4. And can I run my stock ecu with tuning mods? Yes, order a quarter horse from moats. It's something like $50-$90 bucks and it allows you to tune almost every aspect of your cars ECU Also would you know a good place to get wiring harnesses? Junk yard? thats where I've always gotten mine from... work great and are cheap too Thanks for any help you can give much appreciated.
If you got more questions just ask

Quick Reply: 2.3 section is pretty dead. Lets get to know one another