4 Cylinder General Discussion For non tech 4 Cylinder owner chit chat

Hi guys new here

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 02:34 PM
Hockett1

Default Hi guys new here

How are yall?
I have a 1993 fox body four banger I have owned it for 2 years now and I'm thinking about restoring it. the problem is I am on a fairly tight budget. I plan to start on the interior first because my best friend just happens to own an upholstery shop. I need to find some parts if yall could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. I have checked at late model resto. and for some things on there I can afford but the main thing I need for the interior is the headliner board for a sunroof hatchback. Do yall happen to know where I could get one for CHEAP? also I know the unwritten rules of any forum "no pictures it didn't happen" lol so I promise to post some pics of it tomorrow
Old 04-09-2013, 02:54 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

I would check all the floor pans and everything first, you most likely have some rust that would need to be taken care of. Since your in Texas I am sure it would be a lot less rust and most likely not have to replace the entire floors. That's a huge issue we run into up in the North West so much rain and if your in the Seattle area salt air / rain.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:57 AM
Hockett1

Nope. Ive had the carpet out to clean it once and surprisingly no rust at all that I have seen.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:08 AM
Bell2

My question is here that the salt that is used to melt ice from the roads is fine to eat? I never seen any caution measures on the bag of the salt. I have never heard of it being used in some recipe before. Tell me...
Old 04-11-2013, 02:22 AM
Hockett1

Originally Posted by Bell2
My question is here that the salt that is used to melt ice from the roads is fine to eat? I never seen any caution measures on the bag of the salt. I have never heard of it being used in some recipe before. Tell me...
well yeah it is rock salt the same stuff you use to make ice cream down here they use sand on the roads... but what does that have to do with the thread?
Old 05-24-2013, 12:48 PM
bl817
3rd Gear Member

I was in the same boat as you when it came to the headliner. when I got my 93, there were about 100 thumb tacks up there trying to hold it up. I finally broke down and called LMC and purchased a new one for 199 I believe. it was a chunk of change at once but well worth the purchase. several tips though, install when its hot out. use a heat gun. have your upholstery buddy help. scrape foam from where it folds and glues under the sunroof seal, leave plenty of material in the front corners where the sunvisors mount. blow out the drain lines. ummmm that's about all I can think of for now haha. mine looks way better than thumbtacks but I could have taken more time. good luck. I see your in tx, im in ftw
Old 06-10-2013, 05:48 AM
Daniel Bente

Originally Posted by Bell2
Don't hijack threads with garbage.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:49 AM
Daniel Bente

As for your parts for cheap... I have found cheap/free parts on Craigslist for my 93 foxbody. Other sources would be pick and pull wrecking yards or e-bay.