MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (http://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4 Cylinder General Discussion (http://mustangforums.com/forum/4-cylinder-general-discussion-94/)
-   -   Honda powered Foxbody? (http://mustangforums.com/forum/4-cylinder-general-discussion/663174-honda-powered-foxbody.html)

driftguy2008 02-03-2012 10:14 AM

Honda powered Foxbody?
 
Most of my friends own honda's and we got bored last night drinking and we were talking about buying a Foxbody and throwing a K24 turbo in it. And we want a rear wheel car and foxbodys a kinda light but every one in my HS that's into cars owns a Honda. 2 hours from me there's a drag stip called atco raceway in English town NJ and every year they have Honda day it were the fastest Hondas go every year from around the world. So is it possible to build a Honda powered Foxbody?

justinschmidt1 02-03-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driftguy2008 (Post 7826748)
Most of my friends own honda's and we got bored last night drinking and we were talking about buying a Foxbody and throwing a K24 turbo in it. And we want a rear wheel car and foxbodys a kinda light but every one in my HS that's into cars owns a Honda. 2 hours from me there's a drag stip called atco raceway in English town NJ and every year they have Honda day it were the fastest Hondas go every year from around the world. So is it possible to build a Honda powered Foxbody?


ANYTHING is possible...but considering the k24 is made for a FWD car im assuming there would be a million things to change, motor mount, etc that would end up being way more trouble/money than its worth.

You realize ford has a 2.3 turbo SVO motor that came stock in fox bodys right?

Franchi 02-03-2012 11:04 AM

Dump enough time and money into any engine combo and you can make it work.

It would require a good bit of fabrication skills though to make that happen.

justinschmidt1 02-03-2012 12:23 PM

Im just not sure why you would want to do this in the first place.....lol

why not just turbo a 5.0?

I mean jesus, if your gonna do some sort of weird import swap why not go with a 2jz...at least its a rwd based motor and you can make 800 hp on the stock bottom end.

I see absolutely no benefit to putting a k24 in a mustang haha

driftguy2008 02-03-2012 06:33 PM

What about this motor my friend owns a scrapyard and he gave it to me for free today. It's out of a 2006 Honda ridgeline it's a 3.5 V6 250hp and there out of a rear wheel drive truck.
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...d/61384e0e.jpg

mg man 75 02-03-2012 06:39 PM

Now if want something. MG Midget 1600 lbs curb weight. Engine weight with trans 310. Now that engine is cast iron with cast iron head. Now a bodyshell can usually be bought for 500 to 1000 with not too much rust. Half the weight. Hum. Maurice

Edit Driftguy2008. PM me if he has any Ridgeline body parts. Got a buddy building a wrecked one and needs some stuff. I would greatly appreciate it. Maurice

driftguy2008 02-03-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mg man 75 (Post 7827231)
Now if want something. MG Midget 1600 lbs curb weight. Engine weight with trans 310. Now that engine is cast iron with cast iron head. Now a bodyshell can usually be bought for 500 to 1000 with not too much rust. Half the weight. Hum. Maurice

Edit Driftguy2008. PM me if he has any Ridgeline body parts. Got a buddy building a wrecked one and needs some stuff. I would greatly appreciate it. Maurice

Sorry man we pulled the powertrain out and crushed it today. It was a insurance totaled vechile anyway it was involved in a roll over.

justinschmidt1 02-03-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driftguy2008 (Post 7827227)
What about this motor my friend owns a scrapyard and he gave it to me for free today. It's out of a 2006 Honda ridgeline it's a 3.5 V6 250hp and there out of a rear wheel drive truck.
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...d/61384e0e.jpg

lol are you understanding the words that come out of my mouth?

Of course its possible...will it be easy or cost effective? NO.

I dont understand why you would want to put a weak honda motor in your car when you can build a nice v8 for that car so cheap.

Rokgtar 02-04-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driftguy2008 (Post 7827227)
What about this motor my friend owns a scrapyard and he gave it to me for free today. It's out of a 2006 Honda ridgeline it's a 3.5 V6 250hp and there out of a rear wheel drive truck.
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...d/61384e0e.jpg

That is a transversely mounted engine from a front wheel drive truck with on demand 4x4. It is not a rear wheel drive truck or engine.

Can't help but think this cat is a troll...

SKAR 02-05-2012 04:03 AM

You cant put any engine in anything. The swaps you have suggested so far seem pointless for the end result. You could easily swap in an f20/ f22 but the end result would be a heavier s2000.

Best money spent would be a few k dropped into a 302 or swap in a 2jz/ ls1 or something else worth making mounts for.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.