4 Cylinder NA and Turbo This section is for questions pertaining to stock or modified 4 cylinders, including the performance 2.3L applications

ok i know u cant turbo a n/a 2.3l without trouble but can you s/c one and does anything exist to do

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 03:25 AM
4bang93stang
I ♥ Acer

Default ok i know u cant turbo a n/a 2.3l without trouble but can you s/c one and does anything exist to do

i know its silly but im just wondering has anyone ever done this and im sure alota people will ask why??? aaahn ..... just cus no one else is doing it
Old 07-22-2006, 03:52 AM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: ok i know u cant turbo a n/a 2.3l without trouble but can you s/c one and does anything exist to do

Wow This is funny, I was talking about this to my friend today, he has an LX 2.3L and he want;s to Turbo it, so we went over some fords that had turbo and there was an 80's T-Bird and a mustang that were turbos so all you will need to ge is the manifold, turbo ad some plumbing and thats it...

We are planning it now, I will post our progress asap
Old 07-22-2006, 03:55 AM
alexr
★★★★★

Default RE: ok i know u cant turbo a n/a 2.3l without trouble but can you s/c one and does anything exist to do

ORIGINAL: 2k05gt

Wow This is funny, I was talking about this to my friend today, he has an LX 2.3L and he want;s to Turbo it, so we went over some fords that had turbo and there was an 80's T-Bird and a mustang that were turbos so all you will need to ge is the manifold, turbo ad some plumbing and thats it...

We are planning it now, I will post our progress asap
not true. the internals cant withstand the boost. you can run really low boost, but at that point its not really worth the effort of going through all the work to hook it up. i think its like around 4psi at the most.

s/c'in it will do the same thing, because its the forced induction it cant handle, which is what both do. same with nitrous.

the internals in the svo's and turbocoupes are forged, allowing them to run a reasonable amount of boost without having a whole engine meltdown.

if you hook up a turbo on your car the way you plan to, the engine wont last long. i cant tell you how long, but it wont be good.
Old 07-22-2006, 04:00 AM
4bang93stang
I ♥ Acer

yup thats what i figured but has it been done on t/c motor with s/c instead, wondering if a turbo coupe motor 2.3l can be s/c and would it be better than t? i hate turbos,u gotta treat em with care, not supposed to just shut off the car right away and stuff, seals go bad and they shoot oil into the othersid right into the intake!!!fun fun
Old 07-22-2006, 04:05 AM
alexr
★★★★★

you can get more boost out of a turbo. unless you want to put an eaton supercharger on, and have a turbo feed to it. a turbo s/c'd engine.

i just wouldnt run that without some sort of (good) intercooler.
Old 07-22-2006, 04:12 AM
4bang93stang
I ♥ Acer

who has one of those!! ive never seen a t/s/c car any pic links to one??

ORIGINAL: ARdoller

you can get more boost out of a turbo. unless you want to put an eaton supercharger on, and have a turbo feed to it. a turbo s/c'd engine.

i just wouldnt run that without some sort of (good) intercooler.
Old 07-22-2006, 04:17 AM
alexr
★★★★★

i dont know of anyone thats done it, but its feasable. i just wouldnt try it on a car thats your daily driver. although those internals on the TC engines are made for boost, (and one of our fellow members is running around 20psi), i dont know the effects a combo like that could have on an engine. i mean, it could run perfectly fine, but just that specific combo could maybe cause long term wear. i dunno.
Old 07-22-2006, 04:20 AM
4bang93stang
I ♥ Acer

wow thats alota boost who needs a s/c with 20psi!!!!
Old 07-22-2006, 04:23 AM
alexr
★★★★★

i think its Tbird232 thats runnin around 20psi. talk to him, he could point you in the right direction, if thats what you would like to do.
Old 07-22-2006, 04:26 AM
4bang93stang
I ♥ Acer

either way i need a new motor to do much of anything so its either a 351, 302 0r a t/c motor when i got the cash and see any for a steal

Quick Reply: ok i know u cant turbo a n/a 2.3l without trouble but can you s/c one and does anything exist to do