4 Cylinder NA and Turbo This section is for questions pertaining to stock or modified 4 cylinders, including the performance 2.3L applications

2.3L n/a help

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 11:11 PM
Chillzzz13
1st Gear Member

Default 2.3L n/a help

I bought my 91 lx about 2 months ago and ive been thinkin of droppin a 5.0 but then i thought recently of doing a 2.3 turbo to make my life alil easier ( I hope ). Im not made of money so I wanna do as much work as I can for not so much money. Im currently in school for automotive collision soI got the body down butI want some advise of howI can boost up my 2.3L, any adivise will do. Since I bought the mustang ive rebuilt the tranny( blew the first weekI was driving it and I was babying it like crazy)I just put in a new fuel pump and put some new/used pony rims on it and allI have to do now is get some new motor mounts. so any advise on the boost would help lots, thanx!
Old 01-09-2007, 11:55 PM
mg man 75
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 2.3L n/a help

Do a search on 2.3 turbo. This forum and internet. 2.3 na not recommened can't boost much. Can be done cheap or pour money in it. Start out donor motor and parts get it running 1st then start having fun. In my opion easier to do than fixing a trans. good luck
Old 01-10-2007, 12:01 AM
Chillzzz13
1st Gear Member

I cant really find anything on 2.3 turbosI tried lookin them up but no luck with that. there isnt a way to work on the motor I already have?? its in such good condition, and I would like to avoid a swap, I dont really have the place to do that kind of work.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:06 AM
sleeper_inc
6th Gear Member

Well you could turbo that engine but you have to jet injecters, a new computer, repine for the computer, out forged pictons in, tap the oil pan, ect, ect. It is much easier to just find a turbo coupe and drop the engine from that car into the mustang and then all you have to do is repin for the computer and your ready to go.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:18 AM
Chillzzz13
1st Gear Member

Thanx for the info, im guessing your doing the same thing then huh? im also goin to do the body first but I was luckyI got a 91 that looks great no rust from watI can see so far and a little dent on the left rear bumper, im actually goin to install a saleen kit on it. but im tryin to plan ahead for the engine. Im gettin made fun of to much at school lol all I say is just wait and see. If you have anything else id appreciate it big time.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:43 AM
sleeper_inc
6th Gear Member

Yeah they do the same thing to me, they just laugh, but I told them that I will race every single one of them next year lol.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:55 AM
Chillzzz13
1st Gear Member

haha well good luck I hope everything goes well. Lookin at ur picture I cant believe what a difference it make when you put on some 16 in. pony's, I had my stang for a month andI found aGT at a junk yard in the bronx with them on it, I just had to have'em lol. But anyways I dont know where to start with the engine right now because it is my everyday driver for now untill I can afford a second. What do you think I should do?
Old 01-11-2007, 09:45 AM
sleeper_inc
6th Gear Member

Untill you get a Daily Driver don't do much because your car will be out longer than you think. I am doing all this work to mine because I am a whole 15 and this is the car I will be taking my test in, so I want it to go and look good. When you get a DD start working MAJOR on that car.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:45 PM
alexr
★★★★★

http://projecthp.ford23.com/
Old 01-14-2007, 11:05 AM
Chillzzz13
1st Gear Member

thanx that site gave me alot of help. NowI just gotta find the engine which is gonna be harder then finding a needle in a haystack.I tried autotrader, ebay, craigslist, im gonna try some junk yards next and hope for the best. would there be anyway to (just for now) give it alil more boost cuz its really bothering me thatI cant take off that fast anymore, any ideas?? and also ifI was to install a dual exhaust on the car now would it still fit the turbo engine as well, with or without little modification???thanx alot guys!

Quick Reply: 2.3L n/a help