4 Cylinder NA and Turbo This section is for questions pertaining to stock or modified 4 cylinders, including the performance 2.3L applications

Holly **** (3 topics inside)

Old 09-21-2007, 02:08 PM
Mthd11
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Holly **** (3 topics inside)

you didnt inspire me, you just beat me to it, i was either going to do a 5.0 or a turbo swap... lol theyre getting pretty popular, i dont know anyone else in my area with a turbo 2.3 or a svo so im going to be beating on all the hondas around here... **** talkers about to get slapped. got payed last night so im going to put away money for the stinger fmic... i still have a bit of little **** to do, coolant lines, fix a ground on the intake.. Im really stumped with the coolant lines[&:]

whyd you bother fixing the na motor sleeping if your just gonna put the turbo in soon anyways?
Old 09-21-2007, 02:24 PM
sleeper_inc
6th Gear Member

All I did was make a block off plate for the EGR (works on both the N/A amd turbo engine)

I still need this N/A for my driving test next friday. If I pass I'm doing the swap (or starting it) on saturday or monday. If I don;t get it I'm still doing the swap only a day earlyier
Old 09-21-2007, 02:33 PM
leveliv
4th Gear Member

hey sleeper..do you have a 8.8 rear? or just the same ole stock one?
Old 09-21-2007, 03:43 PM
alboy91lx
2nd Gear Member

wait? why did you block the egr off? what does it do? do i need to do this?
Old 09-21-2007, 05:31 PM
mg man 75
5th Gear Member

I feel like one of the old ones here. In more ways than one. You don't need much to do the conversion, easier than a 5.0, unique something 5.0 isn't. Just do a search on 2.3 turbo, Merkur , or turbocoupes all you need. Like I said before. Learned a little when got the 86 turbocoupe motor running. But even the MGB project has changed because of info from net. And sleeper glad to help any way I can.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:48 PM
hellion_79
5th Gear Member

No sleeper doesnt have a 8.8....

I can say "yes, I was inspired to do a turbo swap" and I think sleeper was the one who inspired me.... I am a year older then him and if he can do a swap I know that I can do the swap...

And resources for me are not all there... i would love to have my own welder or my dad have one so i can use it

I just wanna do a swap cause everyone around me has to make fun of my car and call it a car with a "2.3L pinto motor" I hate that!! So I figured i would keep it 2.3 only with a turboThat way if I catch one of them talkin more **** we will see who wins the race "hehehe".....

Anyway I wanna thank lots of people here... mg man for the valuable knowledge!! mopman93 also has given me tons of knowledge when i was PMing him and he also sold me that header for a good deal. Sleeper, you help me out all the time, and i know if i have a question all I have to do is ask and you are the one to know it, level, you are just down right badass and cool to talk with, TBird is a very resourcful member here who is VERY knowledgable and who knows his ****, Boost Gobbler is very cool and is always trying to help me out.... and there are tons of others on here too!! i just cant think of them right now[:@]

But anyway thanks
Old 09-22-2007, 12:59 AM
Stang2.3
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hellion_79
Anyway I wanna thank lots of people here... mg man for the valuable knowledge!! mopman93 also has given me tons of knowledge when i was PMing him and he also sold me that header for a good deal. Sleeper, you help me out all the time, and i know if i have a question all I have to do is ask and you are the one to know it, level, you are just down right badass and cool to talk with, TBird is a very resourcful member here who is VERY knowledgable and who knows his ****, Boost Gobbler is very cool and is always trying to help me out.... and there are tons of others on here too!! i just cant think of them right now[:@]

But anyway thanks
ouch.... but i guess i havn't been much help have i? just tid bits from my Turbo past from Tuners
Old 09-22-2007, 03:29 AM
hellion_79
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stang2.3

ORIGINAL: hellion_79

But anyway thanks
ouch.... but i guess i havn't been much help have i? just tid bits from my Turbo past from Tuners
^^^^
Old 09-22-2007, 09:21 AM
92lxsleeper
5th Gear Member

hey hellion when u do your swap, u don't need the wiring harness or computer. use MEGASQUIRT. lolthats what imma use for my Twin turbo 4.9L.

and sleeper you should put "NO HANDS" on your front window. i got my graphics from decalcity.com
Old 09-22-2007, 10:18 AM
sleeper_inc
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: alboy91lx

wait? why did you block the egr off? what does it do? do i need to do this?
I did it because my EGR valve was all fugged up and the mounting flange was bent (who the hell that happend I have no idea) so air was getting past the TB and it was being metered as "throttle part open" so I blocked it off and it runs much smoother now

No sleeper doesnt have a 8.8....

I can say "yes, I was inspired to do a turbo swap" and I think sleeper was the one who inspired me.... I am a year older then him and if he can do a swap I know that I can do the swap...

And resources for me are not all there... i would love to have my own welder or my dad have one so i can use it

I just wanna do a swap cause everyone around me has to make fun of my car and call it a car with a "2.3L pinto motor" I hate that!! So I figured i would keep it 2.3 only with a turboThat way if I catch one of them talkin more **** we will see who wins the race "hehehe".....

Anyway I wanna thank lots of people here... mg man for the valuable knowledge!! mopman93 also has given me tons of knowledge when i was PMing him and he also sold me that header for a good deal. Sleeper, you help me out all the time, and i know if i have a question all I have to do is ask and you are the one to know it, level, you are just down right badass and cool to talk with, TBird is a very resourcful member here who is VERY knowledgable and who knows his ****, Boost Gobbler is very cool and is always trying to help me out.... and there are tons of others on here too!! i just cant think of them right now

But anyway thanks
Don't worry about that hellion, I don't have a welder, torch, or even a Tq wrench[&:]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Holly **** (3 topics inside)