4 Cylinder NA and Turbo This section is for questions pertaining to stock or modified 4 cylinders, including the performance 2.3L applications

One last time with the TURBO!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 05:26 PM
sleeper_inc
6th Gear Member

Default One last time with the TURBO!

Ok, since the people over on turboford have missed my problems 95% of the time (they didn't even say anything about issues I am having....)

Ok, my parents said I can keep the car But on one condition... I have to find a place to store it till its fixed[&:] So, lets get to fixing

I'm taking the car in tomorrow to get my door fixed (insurence finally came through)

So, down to the issues. Right now the car is BURNING gas, so much in fact I can get about 200-259 km's to the tank (no matter how I drive it) so... thats like 12 MPG!!!!!!! Damn, now thats BAD!

So, what could cause my car to run rich?

Right now, there is a big exhaust leak at the turbo to down pip conection (will be fixed when I get paid) The vacuum modulator on the transmission needs to be replaced (once again, when I get paid) and I either need another FPR, or my timing is a little off (ignition, cam might be off a tooth, not 100% sure)

This car use to run like a bat out of HELL, now it seems like it has no, and I mean NO power under boost. New TR5's (less than 50km's on them) gapped to .30, newer stock coil, pulling only 14" lbs. of vacuum at idle (sign its running rich, which it causing a little 2 step effect causing the turbo to spool a little, taking vacuum away)

I've got it down to either one of these things...
1st - Transmisson vacuum modulator (letting transmission fluid in, causing bad combusion)
2nd - Bad FPR (causing the car to run rich)
3rd - Bad injector(s) (could be the answer to many problems)
4th - Fuel leak somewhere on the fuel line (again, could be another good answer to many other problems)
5th - Vacuum leak somewhere (I'm reaching at this one, new gaskets, and vacuum lines in good shape)
6th - Cracked/warped manifold (yes, its cracked and warped, my dad took the gasket I had out, and forgot to use a flex pipe... nuff said[8D])
7th - Bad ECT (telling the computer to add more fule when its not needed)

Ok, so now comes even more[&:]

Turbo was just rebuilt (so its not that)
Cylinders have 120ish PSI in each (cold, throttle closed)

Please help guy's, I'm also going to post this over of TF (without the 95% missed thing... lol)
Old 12-10-2007, 05:58 PM
speedjunkie92
4th Gear Member

Default RE: One last time with the TURBO!

just sell that POS and buy somthing else,
anyway i spanked a corvette Z06 today, i was going like 100mph on the highwayin my moms minivan and i blew right buy him while he wasent even paying attention lmao
Old 12-10-2007, 06:05 PM
F1aReD
3rd Gear Member

lol dude hes askin for some help he wants to keep it duh[8D]
Old 12-10-2007, 06:20 PM
sleeper_inc
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: speedjunkie92

anyway i spanked a corvette Z06 today, i was going like 100mph on the highwayin my moms minivan and i blew right buy him while he wasent even paying attention lmao
Wow, my cars a POS yet its beatin 5.0's, 3.1's, turbo 2.0, damn, I'd love to know what your idea of a good car is[8D]

Old 12-10-2007, 06:22 PM
buddhahb

Good luck finding the answer sleeper!... Have you forgotten that YOU answer 95% of the questions on THIS board? lol
Old 12-10-2007, 06:24 PM
F1aReD
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: buddhahb

Good luck finding the answer sleeper!... Have you forgotten that YOU answer 95% of the questions on THIS board? lol
lmao thats truu
Old 12-10-2007, 06:35 PM
sleeper_inc
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: buddhahb

tbird, and mg man have more experiance with the turbo, the N/A on the other hand...
Old 12-10-2007, 07:10 PM
TRBOPWR
4th Gear Member

What's the matter sleeper, you can call it a pos but he can't? [8D]

I would start with those that could potentially solve the most problems, like you listed the injectors. From there I would just systematically go down the line of which one is most probably the culprit. For each one that is eliminated, there is another thing you won't have to worry about...for a while at least.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:14 PM
hellion_79
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: speedjunkie92

Wow dude. Your being a dick today.

Sleeper its good to hear you can have another shot with fixing the car
Old 12-10-2007, 07:46 PM
MustangGuy93
2nd Gear Member

Start simple and work your way to the complicated stuff. If you do the opposite you'll end up replace expensive stuff and finding out that it doesn't work. Test your injectors (could be a leaking one). And like you said check for break in the fuel line. Check the wiring going to and from the cpu it could be faulty, or done incorrectly.Check/ change air and fuel related sensors. Check the turbo stuff (your on your own on that one, i don't know much about it).

Quick Reply: One last time with the TURBO!