4 Cylinder NA and Turbo This section is for questions pertaining to stock or modified 4 cylinders, including the performance 2.3L applications

omfg

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 08:29 PM
7_Zero
2nd Gear Member

Holy schneikies! Sorry to hear about that. I feel your pain as my brother did that to my stang a few years ago. Destroyed the hood, cowl and roof. Thankfully insurance covered most of it, and it was not much more to repaint the rest of the car so I walked away with a fresh paint job. Too bad my car would just be considered totalled after something like that today. Maybe now you can look into getting a custom hood or a new look, unless you were content with what you had. Did it smash the roof at all or did it just shatter your sunroof?

would it have come up if you had the secondary latch? or would have that held it?
Technically it would have caught it, however it didn't in my case.

Last edited by 7_Zero; 08-21-2008 at 08:31 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-22-2008, 08:50 AM
speedjunkie92
4th Gear Member

the hood that was on it was an aftermarket turbo coupe hood (factory replacement) but it flew open and dented the roof and smashed the sunroof, but the windsheild was never toutched, so i sold alot of my 351w turbo parts just to put this car back together