4 Cylinder NA and Turbo This section is for questions pertaining to stock or modified 4 cylinders, including the performance 2.3L applications

Updates for "No Hands?"

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 11:12 AM
sleeper_inc
6th Gear Member

Default Updates for "No Hands?"

Welcome back "No Hands" lol.

No hands is still alive to anyone who thought she was dead. I just started her up the other day, fired right up no problem. This is the year she gets painted. As soon as the snow starts going away I'm stripping the body CLEAN! and putting new sheet metal in the rust area's because I'm done pissing around with rust (only have a couple areas I have to touch, and only the area around the gas tank left under the car).

When spring comes I'm installing an intercooler, finishing my exhaust, putting in a holset hy35 (yes I bought one, just waiting on shipping ) put in my gauges (bought new ones) and then pull the transmission and fix a pesky leak it has from bad gasket from me (ooopps)

Anyways, I've gotten the final color I'm going with. It's a midnight blue with a black base coat under it to give it depth, and the top half will be a darkish silver. I hope to get the paint done by local shop that has a great reputation in the car seen. I hope to get all this done by may1st, but then again... who knows? lol

No pics of no hands right now, she is under 2 feet of snow but I'll get some pictures for you guys when I start working on the engine next week and paint it. I hope to have the transmission out, fixed and put back in by the end of the week. Also hope to have the engine bay finished as well.

Anyways, the car is NEVER going to be sold, no matter what happeneds.

Sleeper_Inc

Last edited by sleeper_inc; 02-11-2009 at 11:14 AM. Reason: key board
Old 02-11-2009, 05:18 PM
ExtrmZ
4th Gear Member

what are you driving now? now that she is under snow?
Old 02-11-2009, 06:37 PM
mg man 75
5th Gear Member

It is a vicious cycle upgrade this, upgrade that. But is it fun. Oh ya. Keep us informed.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:02 PM
sleeper_inc
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ExtrmZ
what are you driving now? now that she is under snow?
Driving my MX6... just hit 275,xxx km's on it the other day... runs like a champ

It is a vicious cycle upgrade this, upgrade that. But is it fun. Oh ya. Keep us informed.
Yes it is... I need a bigger clutch now

I'm going to be running a custom vacuum tree as well because I hate unused ports I'll post some pictures of it tomorrow if I get time for you guys
Old 02-12-2009, 05:42 PM
sleeper_inc
6th Gear Member

Here is the new vacuum tree, looks alot cleaner then the old one. I wont install this till later because I'm painting the engine bay flat back and when I pull the engine (which will be this winter coming up) I'll paint the engine a different color.

I also have new gauges for the piller. They are smoked and light up white. They look nice. I have a NB a/f gauge, boost, temp, and oil pressure. Man did I get a deal on all of this!!!! All for $140

I can't get a picture of my gauges, but i'll get some pictures when I get them installed for all of you
Old 02-12-2009, 07:53 PM
dreamer1uk
3rd Gear Member

Thats a nice Vacuum-Tree. Is that something you made yourself?
Old 02-12-2009, 08:09 PM
sleeper_inc
6th Gear Member

Nope, I bought the main part at princess auto (I work there so discount ) and the brass T's I had laying around in my garage. Not bad for $8
Old 02-12-2009, 08:20 PM
ExtrmZ
4th Gear Member

is it just a chunk of aluminum? or what
Old 02-12-2009, 08:49 PM
sleeper_inc
6th Gear Member

Yup, anodized aluminum. It works great as a fuel line branch as well. I could have got one with mounting holes but it's quite a bit bigger
Old 02-15-2009, 04:44 PM
92lxsleeper
5th Gear Member

sleeper, are you ever gonna upload any new videos onto youtube? i've been waiting forever to see some progress. i havn't been on the forum much. been working 60 hours a week, and just got my civic on the road, so i can save up for a svo. i blew up the camaro, got a pickup. now i got a civic to drive for cheap in. and the pickup is for going to the scrap yard for parts lol.

Quick Reply: Updates for "No Hands?"