Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4 Cylinder NA and Turbo
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4 Cylinder NA and Turbo This section is for questions pertaining to stock or modified 4 cylinders, including the performance 2.3L applications

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 10-28-2009, 09:19 AM   #1
Richter888

Vehicle: 2001, mustang, cobra 1989, mustang, lx 2.3t
Default 2.3 turbo 89 hatch for sale

Ok before you burn me I cant post in the mustangs for sale section. I dont know why and i dont care. At this moment I can't physically sell anyone the car since I am stuck in the desert right now. I wont be back until Feb. I just want to see if there is anyone interested in the car. I'm located in Tampa Florida. Here goes...

I currently own an 89' 2.3 turbo mustang. Motor came out of an 87 tcoupe. Head was mildly ported with crane stage 1 roller cam with esslinger followers. .100 oversized ss valves from racer walsh 3-angle valve job with bronze valve guides. ARP head studs. 190lph fuel pump. xspower center mount header with a t4/t3 hybrid turbo with .52 ratio in the compressor side and .42 on the hot side. SS oil feed and return lines. I have a volvo radiator and intercooler with all piping installed. I have an xtra lb3 computer(currently a la3 computer is installed). I also have an extra valve cover from a SVO that says Ford 2.3 turbo fuel injection. SVO flywheel. Gilmer boost control with switch that controls a solenoid for 2 boost settings(currently 7psi to 16psi). I also have 2 xtra and still good factory exhaust manifolds and the oil return line for ihi equipped motors. Also has adjustable cam gears from esslinger with round tooth type. I also have 38mm external tial wastegate installed.

Thats nothing yet. Four wheel disc brakes from 99+ mustang(2 pot pbr alum calipers in front) with 99 mustang brake master cylinder. Wilwood brake proportioning valve for the rear brakes. 5-lug swap with 95 15" stang wheels. 7.5" rear end with 3.55 rear gear ratio and limited slip with an aluminum driveshaft. Car was converted to 5-speed with svo transmission. Car has subframe connectors welded as well. Canuck Motorsports lowering springs(1.5 front and 1 in back). Caster/camber plates.

The bad:
Car is really ugly! The paint is faded and has the usual rust spots on the fenders and doors and some dents here and there. I coated most of the engine bay with POR 15 rust protection, but its really ugly. Interior is horrid though its manual windows with power locks. Hatch is rusted. I highly recommend putting a factory manifold back on as the turbo is way too big for a center mount header. I can do this for you for free. It doesnt take long. Car smokes due to valve stem seals.

A 40bob log header would be better, but since i lost interest in this car and i want to get into the modular motor crowd. I am currently in the desert courtesy of our military. I wont be back until FEB. If you can wait.

I'm askin $2250. Throw me some offers Car has tons of good stuff. Drives fine and gets around 24-26 mpg. RUNS PREMIUM ONLY! I had to hard wire the premium switch. I also have a good 84' 300zx turbo parts car.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Richter888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:19 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
23, canada, cover, covers, engine, ford, fuel, head, injector, motor, mustang, sale, svo, turbo, valve