4 Cylinder NA and Turbo This section is for questions pertaining to stock or modified 4 cylinders, including the performance 2.3L applications

2.3 turbo 89 hatch for sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 09:19 AM
Richter888

Default 2.3 turbo 89 hatch for sale

Ok before you burn me I cant post in the mustangs for sale section. I dont know why and i dont care. At this moment I can't physically sell anyone the car since I am stuck in the desert right now. I wont be back until Feb. I just want to see if there is anyone interested in the car. I'm located in Tampa Florida. Here goes...

I currently own an 89' 2.3 turbo mustang. Motor came out of an 87 tcoupe. Head was mildly ported with crane stage 1 roller cam with esslinger followers. .100 oversized ss valves from racer walsh 3-angle valve job with bronze valve guides. ARP head studs. 190lph fuel pump. xspower center mount header with a t4/t3 hybrid turbo with .52 ratio in the compressor side and .42 on the hot side. SS oil feed and return lines. I have a volvo radiator and intercooler with all piping installed. I have an xtra lb3 computer(currently a la3 computer is installed). I also have an extra valve cover from a SVO that says Ford 2.3 turbo fuel injection. SVO flywheel. Gilmer boost control with switch that controls a solenoid for 2 boost settings(currently 7psi to 16psi). I also have 2 xtra and still good factory exhaust manifolds and the oil return line for ihi equipped motors. Also has adjustable cam gears from esslinger with round tooth type. I also have 38mm external tial wastegate installed.

Thats nothing yet. Four wheel disc brakes from 99+ mustang(2 pot pbr alum calipers in front) with 99 mustang brake master cylinder. Wilwood brake proportioning valve for the rear brakes. 5-lug swap with 95 15" stang wheels. 7.5" rear end with 3.55 rear gear ratio and limited slip with an aluminum driveshaft. Car was converted to 5-speed with svo transmission. Car has subframe connectors welded as well. Canuck Motorsports lowering springs(1.5 front and 1 in back). Caster/camber plates.

The bad:
Car is really ugly! The paint is faded and has the usual rust spots on the fenders and doors and some dents here and there. I coated most of the engine bay with POR 15 rust protection, but its really ugly. Interior is horrid though its manual windows with power locks. Hatch is rusted. I highly recommend putting a factory manifold back on as the turbo is way too big for a center mount header. I can do this for you for free. It doesnt take long. Car smokes due to valve stem seals.

A 40bob log header would be better, but since i lost interest in this car and i want to get into the modular motor crowd. I am currently in the desert courtesy of our military. I wont be back until FEB. If you can wait.

I'm askin $2250. Throw me some offers Car has tons of good stuff. Drives fine and gets around 24-26 mpg. RUNS PREMIUM ONLY! I had to hard wire the premium switch. I also have a good 84' 300zx turbo parts car.