4 Cylinder NA and Turbo This section is for questions pertaining to stock or modified 4 cylinders, including the performance 2.3L applications

Turbo manifold..

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 04:46 PM
Svtwv

Default Turbo manifold..

Im looking to upgrade my manifold.I was going to just replace it with a new tublular style one from ebay that retains stock turbo location. However I recently ordered a new turbo setup an it isnt internally gated. So I will need an external wastegate. I noticed on the Stinger center mount manifold that it has a flange for a wastegate. Now is this my only option? Or can u add the flange to the other style manifold? Im new to turbo setups an stuff so any help with be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 09-21-2010, 09:46 PM
TRBOPWR
4th Gear Member

That is certainly the easiest option, adding a flange would definitely ruin the looks, and you would probably end up with junk on the inside that's tough to get to. Whatever you do, be real sure to brace the manifold as much as you can, the tubular ones are susceptible to cracking.

Also: I can't vouch for current production, but I bought a "Stinger" manifold a couple years ago straight from Stinger's website. It arrived at my doorstep in an XSPower box (the cheaper "ripoffs" on ebay). I have heard that he switched suppliers, but it is something to look into further.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:14 PM
sleeper_inc
6th Gear Member

Get a bobs long and you'll never have to worry about it cracking, he even has an option of the wastegate flange
Old 09-22-2010, 10:53 AM
Svtwv

Yea, someone else had suggested that on the bracing. Thanks for the info about the stinger ones. The pics look the same for it an ebay one. Also I looked an they make a T3/T3 flange with wastegate flange. It bolts to maniold an turbo(looks like a throttle body spacer) an it has a flange to mount a wastegate. So Im assuming that would work as well? Also "TRBOPWR" since you bought a stinger ..Is there any true benefit to the center mount? Flow or anything? Or does it just make removal of the turbo easier? Thanks for everyones input on this..
Old 09-22-2010, 11:00 AM
Svtwv

Thanks where would I find a Bobs Long manifold?
Old 09-22-2010, 01:54 PM
TRBOPWR
4th Gear Member

The main benefit of the center mount is the repositioning of the turbo. Eliminates the sharp downturn of the downpipe, something to consider especially if you have a larger turbo. Also distances the turbo from the firewall reducing heat. A well made tubular manifold will flow better than a log too. Bob's stuff is really nice too.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:41 PM
sleeper_inc
6th Gear Member

http://40bob.com/?loc=shop&cat=1

Stinger has nice stuff but if you run a center mount you also have to make/buy oil pressure line, oil return line, and 2 coolant lines
Old 09-23-2010, 12:26 AM
Svtwv

Thanks for the input it pretty well gives me all the info I need to decide on which one to go with. An thanks for the bobs link.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:09 PM
speedjunkie92
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sleeper_inc
Get a bobs long and you'll never have to worry about it cracking, he even has an option of the wastegate flange
you mean from 40bob.com? and yer better off just staying with the stock cast iron manifold it wont crack with what yer looking to do, the stock garret t3 t4's had an external wastegate i do believe..
Old 10-01-2010, 01:11 PM
speedjunkie92
4th Gear Member

http://bo-port.com/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=3 or this.... lol =]

Quick Reply: Turbo manifold..