Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4 Cylinder NA and Turbo
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4 Cylinder NA and Turbo This section is for questions pertaining to stock or modified 4 cylinders, including the performance 2.3L applications

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-05-2012, 04:58 PM   #1
93selftaught

Vehicle: 1993, Ford, Mustang lx
Question 93 starts fine but after running for a while wont start back up

So I went to start my car today after running the engine for a bit and it wouldn't start again. When I ran it the first time it ran like a dream. At first it idled at about 1100 rpm and then dropped down to about 800. I have recently replaced the head gasket and all the gaskets in between that and the MAF sensor. All the spark plugs are firing and the wires are good. I have one replaced coil pack as my primary and an old one that still works as my secondary. I recently replaced the ICM and i know the wiring harness and crankshaft position sensor is good. I have ran codes and got 222, 118 and 81 when running a KOEO test. The fuel pump seems to be fine because it comes on when you turn the key and last time i had a pressure tester on the rail it kept consistent fuel to the rail. It also seems that i do need to replace the tempature sensor because the temp doesn't change in my dash when i let it run for about 45 min on a 70 degree day. I really have no clue what else to check or what could be wrong so any help would be much appreciated.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
93selftaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #2
ebourd

Vehicle: 92 ford mustang

Have u checked the fuel pressure when it won't start and I just changed ignition control module that when it got hot it wouldnt start now its working great hope it helps
ebourd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:36 PM   #3
93selftaught

Vehicle: 1993, Ford, Mustang lx

Well i just changed the ignition control module (ICM) and before two of the cylinders on the passenger side (primary side) on the dual plug weren't firing. After i changed the ICM all the spark plugs were firing. I checked the fuel rail and it had constant pressure. Also i waited a while and got it running again and ran a KOER test and got codes 998 and 118. I don't have a spare EEC lying around and they're really expensive to buy so i just wanted to find out if anyone had any ideas that might cause this to happen without it being the computer. Also if i try and restart the car within 3 minutes of turning it on it starts back up hesitantly. I haven't tried times longer then that but i might if i have time over the next couple of days. Once again anything to help would be great guys.
93selftaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:36 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1993, 23, 93, back, coil, confused, crank, cylinder, ford, gt, mustang, pack, start, starting problems, starts, warm, wont