5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:10 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrain
Print Wikipost

I'm done with this car!

Old 11-09-2007, 03:06 PM
MarkNieb
1st Gear Member

Default I'm done with this car!

My car was idling like crap the other day so I figured since I just got it, it may have been awhile since anyone changed the oil out. I decided to go ahead and change the oil. I used Mobile 1 synthentic oil like I was reccomended on here. Anyways, I drain out the oil and noticed it was extremely dark and even after 10 minutes of draining, it was still coming out. I decided to go ahead and flush it to make sure all the bad stuff got out. I hooked up the hose, ran water through the engine, started it up and was waiting for the water to come out clean (The engine never went above idle so I was told this would be ok). Anyways, About 3 minutes into this, then engine starts shaking and shuts off. I figured it was all cleaned out so I plugged it up, added the oil and figured I was ready to go. WRONG! The car won't freaking start now. This car has been nothing but trouble for me, I think I am done with it.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:15 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Default RE: I'm done with this car!

ORIGINAL: MarkNieb

My car was idling like crap the other day so I figured since I just got it, it may have been awhile since anyone changed the oil out. I decided to go ahead and change the oil. I used Mobile 1 synthentic oil like I was reccomended on here. Anyways, I drain out the oil and noticed it was extremely dark and even after 10 minutes of draining, it was still coming out. I decided to go ahead and flush it to make sure all the bad stuff got out. I hooked up the hose, ran water through the engine, started it up and was waiting for the water to come out clean (The engine never went above idle so I was told this would be ok). Anyways, About 3 minutes into this, then engine starts shaking and shuts off. I figured it was all cleaned out so I plugged it up, added the oil and figured I was ready to go. WRONG! The car won't freaking start now. This car has been nothing but trouble for me, I think I am done with it.
YOU REALLY ARE A MORON. CONSIDER TAKING MASS TRANSIT!!!

YOU CAN NOT RUN WATER THROUGH THE CRANKCASE OF AN ENGINE. IT IS NOW SEIZED UP AND WILL NEED REPLACING. PLEASE FIND ANOTHER HOBBY BECAUSE YOU SUCK AT THIS ONE!!!
Old 11-09-2007, 03:18 PM
Shane3662
1st Gear Member

You GOT to be kidding! No one is that stupid. I wanna see pics of the car.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:19 PM
86_GT_Mustang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

YOU CAN NOT RUN WATER THROUGH THE CRANKCASE OF AN ENGINE. IT IS NOW SEIZED UP AND WILL NEED REPLACING. PLEASE FIND ANOTHER HOBBY BECAUSE YOU SUCK AT THIS ONE!!!
ha
Mark you should give me your cobra
Old 11-09-2007, 03:20 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

You know this guy?
Old 11-09-2007, 03:21 PM
Shane3662
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 86_GT_Mustang

ha

Shane you should give me your cobra
Dude if I had a cobra you wouldn't get it
Old 11-09-2007, 03:24 PM
86_GT_Mustang
5th Gear Member

You know this guy?
no but he dosent derserve it
FivePointOhh
in limbo

i about had a brain aneurysm reading that[:@]. I honestly think he should be shot on sight. i bet Adder will die if he reads this...
86_GT_Mustang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Shane3662

ORIGINAL: 86_GT_Mustang

ha

Shane you should give me your cobra
Dude if I had a cobra you wouldn't get it
Sorry i ment mark
Old 11-09-2007, 03:27 PM
MarkNieb
1st Gear Member

So you think there is nothing I can do to get it running again? If it's going to need a whole new engine, screw that. I'll get a GTP or something.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I'm done with this car!