Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

MACH 460?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 10:22 AM
01GTDropTop
2nd Gear Member

Default MACH 460?

Hey guys, I was wondering what the RMS and peak watts are for the MACH 460 speakers and system. One of speakers (driver's side door) is blown, and I need to know what kind of speakers to replace it with. Any help would be appreciated.

Phil
Old 11-27-2007, 04:55 PM
KSUWildcatFan
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: MACH 460?

Grab a pair of these, pop them in the doors, and call it a day. You should notice a bit clearer sound, although you'll have a little bit less "bass" (since the stock speakers are 5x7 oval speakers).

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshow...26&scqty=2

Those speakers look like junk, but they're not. :>

-Jordan
Old 11-27-2007, 07:28 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

dear freekin god those speakers are not made for everything man would you quit cutting and pasting that same thing in every post?!?!?!?! They are the right size but the wrong impedence for this application. I don't know if you are wanting to ship a couple pairs out of your garage or if you have stock in the company but you sound like #3 on the movie multiplicity(I like pizza steve).

If you want to replace just the one woofer then it is a 5 x 7 woofer that has an 8 ohm impedence(this is the hard part, most speakers are 4 ohm). As for power handling idunno they are not too much. I have the woofers from my 460 that I will let go for a little more then shipping would probably cost, enough to pay for gas to the post office.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:10 PM
KSUWildcatFan
2nd Gear Member

Dude, they're the right impedence. I've put several pairs in friends' Ford/Lincoln/Mazda's without ANY problems.

No, I don't have stock in anything to do with the speakers, with anyone who produces them, or anything about them. I personally have 20 pairs sitting in my garage, though. I got them for half price when PE had them on sale. The next day, they were $5/ea again.

I'm running a pair in my Expedition and a pair in my Mustang, and I love them. Everyone who I've installed them for loves them also. Maybe we're all just deaf? :>

I've got my stock (garbage) 5x7 subs as well, from both my Expedition and my Mustang. They're garbage.

Oh, but I forgot--you know everything about speakers. :\

-Jordan
Old 11-29-2007, 08:14 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

the mach woofers are an 8 ohm woofer, your speaker is a 4 ohm full range speaker. unless you are going to run 2 of these in series and let the tweeter sound like hell it is bound to fail again. the signal it is fed from the mach amp is only bass. I am soo happy that you have a bunch of them to throw in everybody's car and done so but this is onecase that it may work but will sound bad and eventually blow the factory amp.

Please let me help this person with his problem on this post, I will help you with youon the post you started.........

ORIGINAL: KSUWildcatFan

Dude, they're the right impedence. I've put several pairs in friends' Ford/Lincoln/Mazda's without ANY problems.

No, I don't have stock in anything to do with the speakers, with anyone who produces them, or anything about them. I personally have 20 pairs sitting in my garage, though. I got them for half price when PE had them on sale. The next day, they were $5/ea again.

I'm running a pair in my Expedition and a pair in my Mustang, and I love them. Everyone who I've installed them for loves them also. Maybe we're all just deaf? :>

I've got my stock (garbage) 5x7 subs as well, from both my Expedition and my Mustang. They're garbage.

Oh, but I forgot--you know everything about speakers. :\

-Jordan
Old 11-29-2007, 08:31 PM
KSUWildcatFan
2nd Gear Member

LOL.

Get over yourself.

Enjoy.

-Jordan
Old 11-29-2007, 11:05 PM
SUPRA88
1st Gear Member

I have remove a few 5x7 woofers from mustang and they are 8 ohms i also seen 4 ohms there
it depends on the sub amplifier model, some are 4 and some others 8 ohms
the partsexpress speakers are of a very low quality,the factory speakers are a lot better

now to the firts question this is the info you are looking for i also have some wiring diagram of both systems,in case you need them

Power Amplifier Section

Mach 460:
Ford Hi/Mid-Pass Amp - 2x60w = 120w Max. 2x30w = 60w Nom.
Ford Mid/Low-Pass Amp - 2x85w = 170w Max. 2x43.5w = 85w Nom.
230w / 13v = 17.7 amps Nom. 4 Ohms at 2% THD
460w / 13v = 35.4 amps Max. 4 Ohms at 2% THD

Mach 1000:
Ford Hi/Mid-Pass Amp - 2x60w = 120w Max. 2x30w = 60w Nom.
Ford Mid/Low-Pass Amp - 2x85w = 170w Max. 2x43.5w = 85w Nom.
Visteon MA185 Subwoofer Amp - 2x85w = 170w Max. 2x43.5w = 85w Nom.
570w / 13v = 36.5 amps Nom. 4 Ohms at 2% THD
1140w / 13v = 73 amps Max. 4 Ohms at 2% THD
Old 11-30-2007, 12:04 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

hey cool, where did you get those stats at? 2% thd? RRRRIIIIGGGGHHHHTTTTT....

The only problem I see with those stats is the numbers do not match. The max power of 120W + 170W = 290watts? You also only have the output for 2 tweeters listed as well as 2 woofers, is that a typo? I personally have never seen a 4 ohm woofer in a mach system myself but I would not be surpised to hear about it. If the stereo is not stock then those speakers are golden but to safely run them on a mach system would require some wiring that would be more trouble then its worth.

Jordan - your speakers have a time and a place and I am sure you can get more then a few people to lsiten and buy your speakers on here. Some people will want them and if it fits their application then I am 100% behind you but you have been blindly throwing them out to anyone that happens to mention anything about speakers. Until then just making childish comments that amount to nothing more then a 3rd grade,"OH YEA, WELL...." as you stomp off only makes you look childish. If you have something constructive to add to the forum then bring it. If you only want to take stabs at me when I correct you then go buy an F'n camaro and F'up their forum. I am sure parts express makes a speaker for them as well.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:17 PM
01GTDropTop
2nd Gear Member

Thank you for your replies gentlemen, does anybody know what sizes all the speakers are? (front to back?) What powers are for what speakers? Any recomendations on which speakers to replace with that will hold up to the MACH system?

Thank you, phil
Old 11-30-2007, 06:01 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

the woofers are 5 x 7(you can fit 5.25 or 6.5 if you have/build a baffle) and the tweeters are 3". I would not be concerned about the power handling as much as the impedence. The tweets are 4 ohm which is a standard car speaker impedence the woofers how ever are 8 ohm and a little harder to match. Other then parts express I do not know where to point you to find an 8 ohm, 5 x 7 or 6.5 inch woofer.

Quick Reply: MACH 460?