Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RWTD in Alabama, (IMO) 1 Fantastic Tuner and shop

Old 02-06-2008, 08:32 PM
TASSY5
2nd Gear Member

Default RWTD in Alabama, (IMO) 1 Fantastic Tuner and shop

Hello to you all,[/align][/align]I wanted to take a minute to let you all know about my new Whipple HO. Install done by RWTD in Mobile Alabama.[/align]First of all I must say in regards to bringing my car 2 states away for a install was a hard decision at first to do, But I was referred over to James atRWTD by a local friend of mine that has used his company on several of his mustangs along with his friends mustangs. and after a couple of conversations with him and picking his brain, I realized he knewway more about these cars and dynoing them then any one else I had come in contact with.[/align][/align]OK, dropped the car off for the install and had the Whipple HO, done with all of it's parts, SOS Pod with Wide Band AF set up gaugeand BoostGauge. Also a Raptor Shift light and Prothane motor mounts Etc....[/align]Install is Spotless and very clean. I did have a major issue with my Spydershaft install that I did concerning the 140 ft pounds of torque suggested in the instructions. I did the install here in La. and the TQ settings of 140 suggestedsmashed my Pinion Baring and messing up thefront rear end seal.James hadput the car on the Dyno and the rear end was spraying fluid all over.[/align][/align]So my scenario is this I am thinking at the time this happened,,I am in La. and he is in Alabama. So It isn't like I could just go over and fix it. What am I going to do???[/align][/align]James took my car on a Trailer to a friend's shop and they had to replace the Pinion Baring, andseal. He thengot the car back and did the dyno work for me. He went Way out ofthis basic installthat we were set to do and got my car all properly fixed. Even though it was not his fault or problem.[/align]You do not find customer service like that any where these days.[/align]His knowledge simply amazed me and in watching him tune the car and starting with the Whipple Standard tune that achieved 409 RWHP and Made a few more pulls with my SCT2 tuner and tuning the car with his electronics brought the car up to [/align]467.23 RWHP and 450.44 RWTQ The car purrs and Driving it home last night I could not have been happier.[/align][/align]I felt a post is the best way to let you all in our community know of the Quality I received in dealing with RWTD and that I would recommend them to all of you. [/align]If you talk with James, you will find out as I did, He really know his stuff.[/align][/align]Respectfully,[/align]TASSY5[/align]Sean[/align]
Old 02-06-2008, 08:40 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: RWTD in Alabama, (IMO) 1 Fantastic Tuner and shop

if i lived near them, i'd have them
tune my car just on your recommendation
alone

glad you're happy, with how everything
turned out.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:53 PM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

they installed stuff for me before and did nice work. very nice folks. i'm in mobile also.. i know they moved from their previous location but i haven't figured out where yet.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:05 PM
TASSY5
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SonicBlue05GT

they installed stuff for me before and did nice work. very nice folks. i'm in mobile also.. i know they moved from their previous location but i haven't figured out where yet.
150 Noel st. Right off I-65 By Daphnie Exit ( hope that helps)
Old 02-06-2008, 09:38 PM
TASSY5
2nd Gear Member

I will be going back for Suspention work and a few other mods.
Especially knowing I can trust them with my car. Makes me feel comfortable leaving it.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:44 PM
Black05StangGT
3rd Gear Member

I have heard of them being that I used to live in Mobile, AL myself...but I hadn't had the pleasure of doing business with them though...however I have always heard good things...glad it all worked out for you...
Old 02-07-2008, 07:44 AM
Chris D
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the info Tassy5. I live in Daphne, AL which is on the eastern side of Mobile Bay. I've been looking for a good local Mustang tuner shop. A couple of questions, did you purchase the Whipple from RWTD and how much was the install cost? I've just finished my suspension mods (Steeda adjustable suspension with lowering springs, FRPP sway bars, Steeda sway bar end links, Steeda panhard bar with brace, Tokico D-Specs). I also have a Steeda CAI. Now I'm getting ready for FI.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:45 AM
06 elnr

very nice guy.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:54 AM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06 elnr

very nice guy.
what happened to your post count?? [:-]
Old 02-07-2008, 03:09 PM
06elnr
5th Gear Member

long story, my password got mixed up and I had to make a new account so I could pm the guys to get them to reset it, and I logged in under the wrong name this morning...LOL