5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Question about a suspension fix

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 10:48 PM
OUstang

Default Question about a suspension fix

Ok we'll first off since this is my frist post I figure I should say hello. I'm Matt and am in Fresno, CA after spending 2 years living in Japan. I just got my first fox body (1992 LX Conv 5.0) after wanting one ever since I was 16 and could drive but never really got around to seriously looking. I am fairly car savy I have had multiple sports cars, just no fox body before now, but have never really got into much modding other than the really simple stuff. My new stang I have stuck to the cosmetics so far and was sure to find one that had been well taken care of and was in excellent shape but want to move onto more performance stuff later on.

Ok now if I haven't put you to sleep onto the question. I pulled the mustang on a tow dolly from Oklahoma to California behind my other car and now thats it's here I can tell that my right front camber is off by what looks to be just a few degrees maybe less. I took it to get aligned at Pep Boys thinking maybe towing just threw it off and it did improve it some but it's still noticably off if you are trying to look for it. They claimed it aligned into specs but i'm still not happy with it. So at this point I am thinking something got slightly bent in the tow. Is it worth tracking down the bend or do you guys think some Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates would fix it. The guy at Pep Boys recommended replacing the strut on a blind guess. He didnt see anything that was obviously wrong mechanically wise but did acknowledge he saw the camber as well. I just thought I would get a second opinion and if using the MM plates to fix it would be a bad idea.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:37 PM
ALMOST STOCK
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Question about a suspension fix

You'll have more adjustably with the Maximum Mortorsports C/C plates (I have them) than you'd have with the stock plates no doubt. But if there saying (Pep Boys ) that you're within factory specs I don't know that the MM C/C plates would help you out that much.

You may want to take it to a different alignment shop and get there input.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:46 PM
crusin92red5.0
3rd Gear Member

is the fox lowered at all. i would definitley get the caster camber plates. you'll eventually need them one day if you decide to lower it if it isn't already lowered
Old 03-30-2008, 12:00 AM
OUstang

It's not lowered but that is something I plan on doing so I think I am going to just buy them now and get it over with and hopefully end up with a fix in the process. The only concern I have is that I have 18" rims and am thinking I could end up with some rubbing with lowering but I do like the H&R SS springs.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:06 AM
crusin92red5.0
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OUstang

It's not lowered but that is something I plan on doing so I think I am going to just buy them now and get it over with and hopefully end up with a fix in the process. The only concern I have is that I have 18" rims and am thinking I could end up with some rubbing with lowering but I do like the H&R SS springs.
tires are going to be expsensive and the ride is definitely going to suffer. when i put my 17's on from the 16's it suffered, but mine is convertible.....oh yours is to. i plan on putting a roll cage in mine sooner or later, i heard its night and day in convertibles when you put the cage in. i hate railroad tracks right now. haha
Old 03-30-2008, 12:08 AM
crusin92red5.0
3rd Gear Member

+1 on the color