Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wire Tuck?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 09:37 PM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

Default Wire Tuck?

I was riding around with my friend today (who is into tuner cars, not that theres anything wrong with that) and we were talking about how alot of newer cars like to hide the engine under plastic and fake crap, and he mentioned that in his opinion the best looking engine bays are those with the engine, but with all the wires and hoses hidden away so you see them as little as possible, and its called a "wire tuck"

he also said that some people do this as a form of engine dress-up

so has anybody seen an s197 with this done? i think it would look friggin hawt
Old 04-27-2008, 10:22 PM
odiaz
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Wire Tuck?

Yes, There was a member on here that did it last year. I can't find his post now. He relocated the battey to the trunk and the computer to the battery area. He removed the plenum as part of the CMCV delete plates installation. Then he cut open all the wire looms to give him some flexibility and rerouted the wires to run under the plenum. Then he reinstalled the plenum. It looked incredible.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:25 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

wowww... i would love to see how that came out.. i was thinking about doing this the other day.. just wouldnt know where to start!!??! and would be scared to mess witht he computer
Old 04-27-2008, 10:37 PM
ANBAUTO
4th Gear Member

yea i seen it last year i just havent had the time to do it. I will do it if i dont sell the car
Old 04-27-2008, 10:46 PM
surfbum7190
3rd Gear Member

the new camaros have this done and it looks great... just wish ford thought of it first being that this mustang is a retro look
http://www.carbodydesign.com/archive...ngine%20lg.jpg
Old 04-27-2008, 10:49 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

ya.. but thats not real.. like i mean its not realistic.. its all covered with plastic.. you cant see the air filter.. all you see is the plenum.. it looks cool.. but prolly a b.tch to work on

i like the idea of just relocating all the wires and the battery
Old 04-27-2008, 10:54 PM
surfbum7190
3rd Gear Member

now that i think about it it does look pretty bad... it looked a lot cooler when i saw it at the car show. also im sure those plastic things are removable and after the car is out third party people will have no problem selling plastic crap that will show the filter and stuff. who knows though
Old 04-27-2008, 10:56 PM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

hell, for me i wouldnt even relocate the battery (my trunk is small enough with the shaker sub lol), just have like one wire in the back, and maybe one going to the computer would look awesome

and yeah, if i remember correctly the mustang concept didnt have wires showing either, so until we see a real camaros engine, that point is null
Old 04-27-2008, 10:57 PM
surfbum7190
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Joolander

hell, for me i wouldnt even relocate the battery (my trunk is small enough with the shaker sub lol), just have like one wire in the back, and maybe one going to the computer would look awesome

and yeah, if i remember correctly the mustang concept didnt have wires showing either, so until we see a real camaros engine, that point is null
didnt know that about the mustang concept but good thinkin
Old 04-27-2008, 11:00 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Yeah, I have looked into doing this as well. The amount of rewiring that would happen would be insane. I mean, just go look at the gaggle of wires on your PCM... Nightmare...

Quick Reply: Wire Tuck?