OK so I start this thread and never loaded any pictures, I wanted to make sure my mod held up. Here it is Hopefully you guys can give me some feedback on how well this worked and let me know. I would also like to know where yours broke off so I can think about another fix if someone lost their whole arm.
Here WE Go:
To start off we need some screws, I used these little guys from a computer (usually the onse that hold a drive, mother board, or even the case together). I also used a small machine washer.
The part I left out was to use a small drill (can't remember maybe a 1/32 just make sure it is about the same size as the screws). I used a dremel because I could get it in easier than my drill motor. Where did I drill? Where the "*****" the little pegs that went into the hole originally. I basically centered my bit on those broken pegs ( I smooted it off with some sand paper to make it easier to drill) HINT(you can drill from the back where it already is smooth) I drilled both holes on the console. On the one by the cigar lighter I went all the way through ( Though in hindsite I could have drill just enough to get my screw in and been okay) ON the hole away from the cigar lighter I went all the way thorugh.
I put the one by the cigar lighter in first because it is easier to come back and play with that darned spring (assuming you still have yours)
then I tackled the one by the cigar with the spring. There was no trick in it just a few tril and error steps to see when the lid will snap forward and back. I plan on putting some black silicone in my little bitty hole that is by my cigar lighter. Other than that just put the washer on the screw and then through the lid piece and then thread it in ( your making your own threads so apply some pressure it's only plastic) Don't screw it all the way in you wan't some slack so it can operate freely, if you feel it's too lose put some s uper glue on the ver tip and then screw it in a wait a min or so.
Here is a picture of both sides done and how I have my spring routed
All in all I would say this mod is a easy mod that takes less than 30 min WITH the console already out. So next time your running some wires or just bored take your console out and see if you can fix it yourself for well maybe 2 bucks. It has been installed for 2 months now and I have no problems what so ever, my little shiht-tzu even sits on it without no breakage!
Good luck and let me know if there are any questions!!!!