5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Having an odd problem with tir

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2003, 04:46 AM
n2o44
2nd Gear Member

Default Having an odd problem with tir

exactly

Try having your car's chassis looked at for straightness at a professional auto body shop. A good shop will use lasers to determine exactly how straight your body is.</P>

ive still seen some one in a dealer useing the old one with strings 89 lol , a dealer can u belive it ?!. if they have the latest greatest with the disks in the tires , i belive john bean makes it along with others is awsome they know if your frames bent, older still can say it too like set back , also i wonder if your toe out in turns i f**ked up , like 89 said prob toe that can send a tire to hell fast , may also camber too , its hard to tell over to computer ya know . just take it some where else they prob got sick ogf the car . youll need new tires if there not f**ked up yet, get some picks lets see </P>

</P>

</P>
Old 06-16-2003, 10:27 AM
MichelleC

Over the weekend, I drove my car to buy 2 new tires. I had to special order them (they don't keep my size in stock)...it was an hour's drive to the shop, and when I got out to check the specs on the tires, the front passenger tire was showing threads...by the time I got back home, the driver side front tire was bald. I can't believe how fast these tires are going.</P>

The Mustang is parked until new tires come in. My husband works on our cars, so I'm going to order caster/camber plates, and anything else I can find that is recommended, and he'll see about putting them on. After that, I need to find a shop willing to do all that you guys have recommended. </P>

Would a professional auto body shop be able to do all the checks/alignment I'd need to get this car fixed? Would you guys recommend professional installation of the caster/camber plates? I've talked to several guys, and it sounds like it's something we can do ourselves, then get the alignment done professionally?</P>

Thanks again...</P>

Michelle</P>
Old 06-16-2003, 10:14 PM
makarovboy
2nd Gear Member

You may have to call around to find a shop that will do the alignment. You and your husband shouldn't have a problem with the plates.

The shop problem stems from the fact that some shops won't take the alignment beyond factory specs. But then again, there are shops out there that know of the problem and are willing to go the extra mile. Just make some calls.
Old 06-17-2003, 03:05 PM
MichelleC

I will make some calls mak.</P>

Thanks for everyone's help!</P>