5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

whats good intake???

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 05:50 PM
mustang93
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: whats good intake???

+1
Old 09-10-2006, 05:57 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

its a very nice intake.... just looks funny IMHO.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:04 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: jays89gt
well i think im going to go with the edelbrock performer rpm 2 with a x303 cam ,70mm tb cold air induction,should the maf be bigger that the tb??
Sounds like a good combo, but i would rather go with a cam that is alittle more up-to-date. alphabet cams are OLD technology

i want to run nitros m iam going to get a 255gph fuel pump is that good?
255 fuel pump is more then enough, but not too much. Get one from e-bay... nice and cheap... preferably Walbro (other company's package walbros and call them their own, so getting it directly as a walbro is cheaper)

i think i have 2 change injectors with a bigger maf was going to get 24lb injectors should that be ok??
24# injectors would be a good idea, but do not get a calibrated maf. instead, get your car tuned for the injectors, you will be happier with the results. Also the car will react better due to a more complete resolution in the injector slope tables in the ECU

iam going to order a maf calbrated to the 24lb injectors .
dont.... nuff said... get the CAR tuned for 24# injectors

do i need to get bigger fuel rails??
nope. stock fuel rails are good till about 400-500hp n/a after that is where you would want to upgrade, or if you went forced induction

also iam going to get some underdrive pulleys.
dont bother.... waste of money. I wish i had never bought mine.

Old 09-10-2006, 06:19 PM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

sell ya mine for 350...it's a rpmI
Old 09-11-2006, 12:04 AM
jays89gt
2nd Gear Member

what kind of cam would you recomend?? and do i need heads to use the rpm2 intake i was not going to do heads yet down the road i will and if i need heads with that intake what intake do youn feel would be good without heads ??? and how do i get maf programed 4 24lb injectors?? kinda new to mustangs and want to do it the right way thanks 4 advise
Old 09-11-2006, 01:41 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

what kind of cam would you recomend??
Try the Trick Flow Stage II cam, it can be found on summitracing for $164 part number TFS-51402001
Compared to the X cam, it has the same intake duration and cam lift, however has a longer exhaust duration and higher exhaust lift. This will drastically increase the amount of exhaust the engine can expel after combustion. remember that with stock and aftermarket heads on SBF motors, the exhaust valve is smaller, so opening it further and opening it longer will allow you to get more flow out of it.

ORIGINAL: jays89gtdo i need heads to use the rpm2 intake i was not going to do heads yet down the road i will and if i need heads with that intake what intake do youn feel would be good without heads ???
You do not need to do a set of heads to use an intake, however your car is currently running e7 heads (if they are stock) and you would not benefit from installing a cam. If you do plan on getting heads, you might want to wait to do the intake and cam swap until you do the heads.

ORIGINAL: jays89gtand
how do i get maf programed 4 24lb injectors??
like i said before YOU DO NOT WANT A MAF THAT IS PROGRAMMED FOR 24# INJECTORS. you want to bring the car to a dyno tuning shop and have them change the values in your ECM to match the injectors and give your car a tune while you are at it.

kinda new to mustangs and want to do it the right way thanks 4 advise
Everyone was new to mustangs at one point. my best recommendation is to just read whats on the forums. You will learn more from reading the forum then waiting to have other people answer your threads. Everything you are asking about has been asked before. so search around a lil bit. many of your questions will be answered.

The reason i say this is because as you learn more, you will have more questions.... the answers are out there, so search.... and if you still have questions... feel free to ask
Old 09-11-2006, 01:45 AM
91stang
4th Gear Member

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/tec...438/index.html

check this out

edit: and is there a reason why you don't want the MAF calibrated?
Old 09-11-2006, 09:03 AM
ibanezta

the new bbk intake. it is different than anything else, the design is the same as the corvette le mans cars. it looks bad *** too.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:43 AM
jays89gt
2nd Gear Member

can i just use my stock heads and get them ported? or what else should i have done to them my buddy owns a machine shop and he does that stuff every day was wondering if i can go that route?
thanks 4 all the advise and help
dont want to do it the half *** way!
Old 09-11-2006, 11:47 AM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

You can go that route but porting stock heads is a waste of time IMO.... maybe if your friend offers to do they really cheap and you are on a budget. But dont expect to flow big numbers with the stockers. IMO, if your spending all this morning all over the rest of your engine dont skimp out on the most important part Just my opinion....

Quick Reply: whats good intake???