5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Some idiot ricer wants to race me... for SLIPS!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 03:27 PM
MustangMadness7
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Some idiot ricer wants to race me... for SLIPS!!

Your probably right, if he's in HS, he probly doesnt have 30k in the ca. Dont be too sure though. Guy at my old HS had a TT Supra AND a NA Supra, and both of them were well modded. There are some lucky people out there...
GreenHornet92
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mac93

lol at the teg^^

He is a senior in highschool so what I was saying is I highly doubt he has 30K into the engine. Ok, even with a lot of power, if he's running street tires I think I would own him in a 0-100mph race. I searched on google and I couldn't find 1 tteg, so I think he is bs ing me. Ok I might not race for slips but for sure some money.
just because he is a senior in high school does not mean he could not have spent $30k on the engine. I knew a guy in my high school who drove a 10 sec car to school everyday. It was his car that he bought himself and worked on himself...spent god knows how much on it....trust funds are a wonderful thing!
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Just cause you can't find one on google doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It just means that it's not stock and that he added some mods. No different that what you see here with Mustangs 9with people adding TT to their stang.)

Chances are, he doesn't have $30k invested, but you never know. Could be one of those spoiled kids who has rich parents that pamper him. Wouldn't be the first time I saw something like that.

And even with street tires you have to be careful. He could alter his suspension, let out some air, and do a few other minor things to help out. Sure, he may slip a little at first, but when it grips it could get ugly. I'd be real careful and see what he can do first.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:28 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Wait a second guys.. I think I see what the problem is. The kid was confused. it's NOT a Twin Turbo Integra. It's a Twin Turbonator Integra!
Old 10-23-2006, 03:31 PM
aode08
5th Gear Member

if he put $30,000 into the engine,

1.he wouldnt be in high school,

2. if he had that kinda car, he would be driving it to show off , it might not even be his car man, just too many ifs.

3. He would have the keys on his keychain.

Old 10-23-2006, 03:32 PM
89Ford
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mac93

lol at the teg^^

He is a senior in highschool so what I was saying is I highly doubt he has 30K into the engine. Ok, even with a lot of power, if he's running street tires I think I would own him in a 0-100mph race. I searched on google and I couldn't find 1 tteg, so I think he is bs ing me. Ok I might not race for slips but for sure some money.
thats what im saying people dont put tt on 4cyl, that cant power them and if they do put them on there its not as good as a big single i have plenty of friends with turbo civic's with built integra engines that could deff beat you, but they didnt even spend 15000 let alone 30000 for there engines. what retart would spend 30000 you can get a 03 cobra for that much and atleast they are fun to drive
Old 10-23-2006, 03:36 PM
88MustangGX
2nd Gear Member

ok a TT on a 1.8L? i don't know... i have heard of big single turbo's but twins... if you have seen it then i guess seeing is believing but i call [sm=bs.gif]. If he isn't BSing then your in trouble. those cars weigh as much as your engine and trans, and if he is throwin that kind of power down plus the bottle...[sm=badidea.gif]
Old 10-23-2006, 03:42 PM
GreenHornet92
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: aode06

if he put $30,000 into the engine,

1.he wouldnt be in high school,

2. if he had that kinda car, he would be driving it to show off , it might not even be his car man, just too many ifs.

3. He would have the keys on his keychain.

like i said before, just because he is in high school does not mean he could not put $30,000 in it....have you ever heard of a trust fund? One guy i went to high school with used part of his to build his 10 sec DD. Another kid had a dad that liked working on cars and as a father/son project built his mustang to almost a 9 sec DD. Now a days you never know....
Old 10-23-2006, 03:47 PM
BlOwNsNaKe
3rd Gear Member

First is it even possible to drop 30k in an Integra motor? And second the only 4cyl I would drop that much money in would be a SVO car. Even if it is true wouldnt twin turbo be a little musc for that car? I wish when I was a Senior in HS I had that much money PERIOD. much less in my motor. Sounds a lil on the fairy tale side to me!
Old 10-23-2006, 03:49 PM
88blackgt
4th Gear Member

sure its possible to spend 30k. and usually imports have much smaller turbos compared to what guys use on v8s. a medium to large turbo on a supra is like 70mm, whereas most people start around that on v8s. go look at a turbo for a dsm some time. tiiiiiiiiiiny but can make some decent power

Quick Reply: Some idiot ricer wants to race me... for SLIPS!!